DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure (inclusive of energy, climate change, and water, sanitation, and health), Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition – we provide world-class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 60+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and IMC Worldwide, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting-edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, UK, Spain, and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, MCC, FCDO, EU, DFAT, MFAT, and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, innovation, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world. For more information please see: DT Global .
DT Global intends to engage the services of a seasoned candidate for the position of Procurement Expert . The position is part of our Fiscal Agent team assigned to the G lobal Fund portfolio under the Ministry of Health and Population (MOH) in Malawi.
The Team works directly with the Programme Implementation Unit (PIU) in the areas of financial management and institutional capacity building, including internal controls, procurement oversight, accounting, cash management, financial reporting and compliance, etc.
The core objective of the Fiscal Agent is to ensure the proper, efficient, effective and transparent use of the funds under Global Fund funded grant programs with MOH. The team also support the Grant Recipients in complying with the grant budgeting and financial reporting requirements, work to strengthen Grant Recipient’s capacities and contribute to the overall effective and efficient financial management of the grant.
1. Provide support and oversight in individual procurement to include the following:
- Ensure that the proper procurement mechanism is used.
- Ensure that RFQs and tenders are well-drafted with clear specifications and selection criteria.
- Oversee review of bids and quotations.
- Ensure that appropriate selection criteria are developed and followed.
- Observe evaluation committees and verifying that any decision is justified and properly supported; and
- Review and vet contractual terms before contract is issued to selected suppliers.
2. Provide guidance, support in negotiation of contracts and its documentation.
- Ensure that contracts and their terms work in the best interest of PIU and the grant program.
- Ensure consistency between terms in contract and terms established in bid documents
- Ensure clearly defined deliverables (timing, quantity and quality and associated payment terms.
3. Proactively identify and address procurement risks and mitigation strategies to meet the Global Fund and Malawi Government compliance requirements.
- Ensure adherence to procurement procedures and regulations
- Help reduce procurement through shopping by consolidating requisition, use of framework contracts, and other mechanisms.
- Provide oversight over tender development and evaluation process.
4. Provide contract management support, including arranging for proper inspection, ensuring compliance with terms and conditions of contracts, addressing delays, troubleshooting problems, and assisting in contract amendments confirming to Malawi procurement regulations.
- For high risk/high value procurements, ensure delivery is in line with contract terms.
- Ensure PIU procurement unit is taking the necessary step to follow up on delays, quality issues or other breaches of contract terms, and are enforcing contractual terms including remedial actions allowed for in the contract
- Ensure that any contract amendments are in line with procurement regulations and in the best interest of the PIU and the grant program.
5. Ensuring that proper procurement and contract records are maintained, in accordance with established system.
- Ensure that PIU documents procurement and decision-making process
- Ensure that all relevant records are maintained in a well-organized filing system.
Education & Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline e.g. Business, Project Management, Public Administration, Procurement or similar;
- A minimum of 7 years relevant experience in procurement and contract management of good services and works.
- Minimum 3 years of procurement related experience on donor funded projects and programs;
- Registered member of the Malawi Institute of Procurement and Supply (MIPS).
- Good knowledge of procurement policies and procedures of multilateral financial institutions;
- Experience in assessing policies, systems and structures in the public and/or private sector
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and fluent in English.
- Excellent team working and partnership skills that would development and maintenance relationships with various key stakeholders.
- A professional qualification in procurement from reputable institutions like the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and supply (CIPS) U.K. or the Institute of Supply Management, (ISM) USA would be an added advantage.
Interested candidates should submit their CVs and names of three traceable referees no later than January 23 , 202 3 .
TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behaviour and treats everyone fairly.
PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behaviour, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
About the Organization
DT Global is driven by a fundamental commitment to one goal: to work in partnership with communities, governments, and the private sector to deliver innovative, data-driven solutions that transform lives beyond expectations. DT Global—launched in 2019—is built on legacy companies AECOM International Development’s Services Sector, Development Transformations, IMC Worldwide, and Cardno International Development. To fulfil its profit-for-purpose mission, DT Global is a key donor to the DT Institute, an independent not-for-profit organization, in support of DTI’s efforts to test new ideas or expand on donor partner priorities with the aim to improve as many lives as possible.
Our global team of almost 2,500 staff and experts work in over 100 countries. We aim to maximize sustainable development impact across a wide range of practice areas, including Conflict Prevention, Stabilization & Transition; Economic Growth; Environment & Infrastructure; Governance; and Human Development. Together, we bring over 60 years of experience, relationships, and technical excellence to improve lives around the world on behalf of our partners, clients, and stakeholders.