The Technical, Entrepreneurial and Vocational Education and Training Authority (TEVETA) is a regulatory body that was established in 1999 by an Act of Parliament with the mandate to coordinate and facilitate technical, entrepreneurial and vocational education and training in
Malawi. Apart from the Secretariat in Lilongwe, the Authority has three regional service centres in Mzuzu, Lilongwe and Blantyre.
Employment opportunities have now risen within the Authority for various positions for which the Authority invites applications from qualified candidates.
Procurement Assistant shall be responsible for carrying out routine procurement activities and record keeping and documentation.
2.1 KEY DUTIES
a) Local Purchase Order Processing:
- Assist in processing local purchase orders, ensuring accuracy and compliance with Authority’s policies.
- Maintain a record of purchase orders, receipts, and invoices.
b) Supplier Communication:
- Collaborate with suppliers to obtain quotes, track orders, and resolve any procurement-related inquiries.
- Assist in building and maintaining strong relationships with suppliers.
c) Documentation and Record-Keeping:
- Maintain organized and up-to-date procurement records, including supplier agreements, contracts, and correspondence.
- Prepare and maintain procurement reports as requested.
- Ensure compliance with Authority’s procurement and disposal policies, as well as relevant laws and regulations.
- Assist in performing supplier due diligence and compliance checks.
e) Administrative Tasks:
- Assist in the preparation of evaluation reports and contract.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly procurement reports.
- Provide administrative support to the procurement team, including scheduling meetings and managing calendars.
- Assist in drafting and distributing procurement-related communications.
- Updating a yearly procurement plan.
Reporting to the Regional Service Centre Manager (North)
2.3 PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Good time management and multitasking abilities.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team.
- Basic understanding of procurement processes and principle
2.4 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Procurement obtained from a recognized institution with CIPS membership
- 3 years practical experience in management of procurement in a busy environment
Method Of Application
Interested persons meeting the specifications of any of the above positions should submit written applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae, naming 3 traceable referees to:
The Executive Director
TEVETA is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date for receiving applications is Monday, 20th November 2023 Due to anticipated large volumes of applications, only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.