National Water Resources Authority
The National Water Resources Authority (NWRA) is a statutory organization established by the Water Resources Act of 2013 with a specific function to regulate and manage water resources. Furthermore, the NWRA seeks to ensure the sustainable use of water resources and address the water resources planning, development and management challenges.
In its effort to sustainably manage water resources, the NWRA seeks to recruit energetic, highly motivated, focused and result-oriented individuals to form part of its NWRA members of staff. In this regard, NWRA invites applications from suitable qualified and experienced persons to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: Procurement and Disposal Officer
Department : Corporate Services
Grade : NW 5
Reporting to : Director of Corporate Services
Responsible for: Procurement and Disposal Officer
Purpose of the Job
To manage the NWRA’s procurement services
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and reviewing of the NWRA’s procurement and supply policies, strategies manual, annual procurement plans/work plans and budget.
- Planning, organizing,directing and coordinating implementation of procurement services.
- Mobilizing resources for operations respect of procurement programs.
- Procuring goods/works and services in liaison with user departments and in accordance with the NWRA’s Guidelines, Public Procurement and Disposal of Assets Act and Development partners procurement regulations.
- Preparing Tender Documents, Request for Proposals (RFP), Pre-qualification and contract documents and administer procurement contracts
- Coordinating the preparation of Procurement Notices for advertisement with the media.
- Organizing and coordinating opening of Tenders and Proposals.
- Carrying out duties as Secretary for all Evaluation and Internal Procurement and Disposal of Assets Committee (IPDC) Meetings and providing technical advice.
- Preparing bid evaluation reports for forwarding to IPDC for approval and/or records.
- Coordinating inspection of goods and equipment supplied.
- Conducting contract administration for goods, works and services.
- Preparing timely reports and submitting relevant reports to PPDA and Development partners.
- Advising the IPDC, Departments, Divisions and Sections on all matters relating to procurement.
- Liaising with government and relevant Development partners on issues affecting procurement of funded projects.
- Carrying out research on market trends key product prices, availability and suppliers.
- Conducting performance rating and supplier appraisal for all suppliers of goods and services.
Minimum Qualifications and Work Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Business Administration with CIPS Professional Diploma from accredited universities or University Degree in Engineering with CIPS Professional Diploma.
- At least five (5) years post qualification experience in procurement and supply chain management in a busy organization
- Those with working knowledge in Anti-Corruption and Anti- Fraud guidelines will have an added advantage
Additional Skills and Abilities
- Leadership skills
- Ability to understand and interpret Public procurement related laws and regulations
- Honesty and integrity
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent computer literacy.
- Good communication skills
- Good report writing skills
The NWRA is an equal opportunity employer. Therefore, male and female persons including persons with disabilities, who meet the prerequisite qualifications and experience are encouraged to apply.
An attractive remuneration package comprising a competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the successful candidates. The NWRA also offers excellent career development opportunities.
Method of Application
Interested persons should submit their application with up-to-date detailed curriculum vitae (CV) including names and addresses of three traceable referees, to reach the undersigned
Only complete applications will be considered
All late applications shall not be considered.
The Executive Director,
National Water Resources Authority,
Private Bag 363, Lilongwe 3.
You can also send your application through email below: Bandayvone3@gmail.com
Copy: Fchisambula1@gmail.com, firstname.lastname@example.orgAsync
To apply for this job please visit gmail.com.