Job Title: Procurement and Disposal Manager
Grade: GB 3
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Responsible for: Procurement Officer
To facilitate cost-effective procurement of goods, services and works in line with the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act 2017 as well as provide leadership to the Procurement and Disposal Unit of the Greenbelt Authority.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervising procurement and disposal activities for the Authority in liaison with the senior management team.
- Developing and implementing procurement plans and disposal plans in liaison with the Internal Procurement and Disposal Committee;
- Preparation and timely submission of all statutory public procurement and disposal of public asset reports.
- Facilitate the compliance in remittance of 1% Procurement Levy by the Authority.
- Development of policies and procedures for efficient procurement that will align to departmental procurement and disposal plans.
- Conducting cost analysis and setting appropriate procurement benchmarks.
- Developing policies and procedures for risk management and mitigation in procurement in compliance with the public procurement and disposal of asset legal framework.
- Providing continuous capacity building to ensure an efficient Procurement and Disposal Unit and IPDC.
- Acting as the secretariat to the meetings of the Internal Procurement and Disposal Committee and the ad-hoc Evaluation Team:
- Preparing Bidding Documents and all other prescribed documents for public procurement and disposal of public assets.
- Manage records for all procurement and disposal activities as prescribed in the public procurement and disposal legal and regulatory framework.
- Manage the bidding processes for all procurement and disposal activities.
- Facilitating and participate in negotiations with suppliers for possible contracts signing.
- Preparing contract documentation and managing the resultant contracts in conjunction with user departments
- Advising the Authority on all matters relating to procurement and disposal of assets
- Design, review and oversee implementation of Framework Agreements
- Monitor and evaluate performance of suppliers based on end user satisfaction and feedback
- Carrying out any other relevant assignments of the Authority as directed from time to time.
Attributes and Competencies
- Impeccable skills in Microsoft office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc)
- Effective verbal and written communication abilities
- Ability to manage time effectively in a high-pressure setting
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good analytical skills
- Critical-thinking and assertive abilities
- Detail-oriented personality
- Ability to operate effectively both independently and as part of a team
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Logistics or Supply Chain Management from a recognized University.
- A minimum of Five (5) years work experience in Supply Chain Management, Two years of which should be in public procurement at grade level of P5 or equivalent.
- Professional membership with Malawi Institute Procurement and Supply (MIPS).
Method Of Application
Expression of Interest, including updated curriculum vitae and copies of academic and professional qualifications must be delivered in written form to the address below (in person or by mail) by 29th May, 2023.
The Chief Executive Officer
Mwai House (Opposite TAMA House)
Floor # 2 Conference Room