About the job
PRIVATE WEALTH MANAGER, Carrick Wealth Malawi
The Private Wealth Manager will meet with prospects and clients, conducting a detailed financial analysis in order to determine opportunity for clients with regards to onshore and offshore personal wealth portfolios, retirement planning, insurance, education planning and estate planning. Make detailed recommendations in respect of aforesaid opportunities, taking cognisance of each client’s attitude towards risk and financial needs. Create and implement an ongoing service plan to ensure client portfolios are regularly monitored and relevant modification timeously executed.
- Design product functionality with reference to local products and offshore alternatives. This should include a functional mechanism for determining the most appropriate solution for the client.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of retirement alternatives with reference to cost, investment restrictions, tax implications (both local and cross border) and drawdown alternatives.
Details of Functions:
- Always act in the best interest of the client by providing unbiased and professional advice.
- Honour all meetings and engagements in travel schedule.
- Contacting potential clients and setting up initial meetings.
- Analyse financial information obtained from client / clients to determine strategies, products and recommend solutions to help clients meet their financial objectives / goals.
- Contact clients on a quarterly basis to determine if there have been changes in their financial circumstances and provide feedback on current portfolio status.
- Completing client risk analyses.
- Reviewing and responding to clients changing needs and financial circumstances.
- Keeping up to date with financial products and legislation. i.e. attending product provider meetings.
- Producing financial reports through the means afforded to them (CRM).
- Contacting clients with news of new financial products or changes to legislation that may affect their savings and investments.
- Build and maintain client bases, keeping current client plans up-to-date and recruiting new clients on an ongoing basis.
- Protect, secure and grow clients’ wealth by providing independent, expert local and offshore financial advice, retirement planning, estate planning, and tax planning.
- Research and investigate available investment opportunities to determine whether they are suitable for clients’ needs.
- Providing investment opportunities across a broad spectrum of regulated products.
- Monitor financial market trends to ensure that plans are effective, and to identify any necessary updates.
- Learn and develop with regards to Financial Services and continued study and development with institutions.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Marketing, Law or Finance.
- International exposure preferred
- Proven sales track record
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Solutions oriented
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Able to thrive in a high pressure, fast paced environment
- An unquestionable work ethic
- Excellent judgement, interpersonal and decision-making skills
It is preferable that the candidate can start immediately.