Blantyre City Council
The Local Govenment Service Commission is inviting applications from suitably qualified Malawians for the following vacancies existing at Blantyre City Council:
POST: Principal Internal Auditor
SALARY: in line with Terms and Conditions of Blantyre City Council
Accountant with either ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA with not less than four years work experience in a senior position.
Applicants nust be serving Internal Auditors Grade /M7 in the Local Authorities with a minimum of four (4) years’ experience.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Principal Internal Auditor will be responsible for the following:
- Supervises internal audit staff
- Plans, organises, directs and controls all internal audit assignments.
- Liaises with the Human Resource section with regard to training programmes for the audit staff
- Checks systems and audits transactions to ensure that they comply with international standards
- Works with relevant officers to develop departmental risk profiles
- Produces annual risk profiles and suggest control measures
- Produces monthly and quarterly reports on all audit assignments carried out.
- Any other business as may be assigned from time to time.
- A self-starter with excellent planning and organizing skills highly analytical with a demonstratable track record
- A high level of integrity and professionalism with the capacity to develop staff in the section
- Excellent reporting skills.
Method Of Application
All applications with copies of relevant certificates and detailed CVs should be addressed to the following address:
The Executive Secretary
Local Government Service Commission
Off Paul Kagame Road
P.O Box 776
The deadline for submitting applications is Friday, 24th November 2023.