Hillview International School
We are seeking an outstanding educator to join our team as the Primary Headteacher. This role encompasses leadership of the Primary and Pre-Primary divisions of our all-through international school, reporting to the School Principal.
Hillview International School is a modern, innovative, and growing institution located in the warm heart of Africa (Malawi). Our school provides a holistic education, emphasising academic excellence, independence, leadership, and social responsibility. Situated on a
beautiful campus in Limbe, Hillview serves a vibrant, family-oriented community, making it a truly rewarding place to work. Our Primary School feeds into our High School, which is now in its 5th year of delivering IGCSEs.
Our students have achieved remarkable outcomes, with 73% of all IGCSEs taken over the last four years scoring A*/A/B.
This key post will lead and manage the affairs of the Primary and Pre-Primary sections. Knowledge of the British National Curriculum for EYFS and Key Stages 1 and 2 is essential, and experience with the Cambridge Curriculum would be an advantage.
14th November, 2023.
29th August, 2024.
- A relevant internationally recognized degree and a postgraduate teaching qualification with prior teaching experience.
- An internationally recognized professional qualification for Headteachers or a master’s degree equivalent would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of the British National Curriculum (knowledge of the Cambridge curriculum would be an advantage).
- Experience working in Google Workspace for Education to effectively manage this platform within the school.
- An outstanding and proven track record of school
- leadership experience and professional conduct.
- Experience in financial, HR/personnel, site maintenance, and resources management.
- Awareness of current developments and initiatives in education.
- The ability to articulate a strong vision and take responsibility, together with the School Board, for the strategic direction of the whole school and to advocate for the Primary School specifically to ensure the delivery of an excellent education.
- The ability to formulate aims and policies that provide the platform to deliver excellence.
- To provide appropriate support for staff and pupils, including teaching duties and assessment administration.
- To oversee CPD of staff and lead in a coaching model.
- To develop positive relationships and partnerships between parents, staff, pupils, and the wider community as stakeholders.
- To engage and communicate effectively within a multicultural, international setting, promoting the school, its values, and ethos.
Method of Application
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only longlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Hillview International School is committed to safe-guarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and will require relevant police clearance certificates / DBS checks.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com