Blantyre Water Board
Blantyre Water Board is a government-owned institution established and reconstituted under the Waterworks Act of 1995 to supply potable water to residents of the City of Blantyre City and other surrounding areas. Blantyre Water Board is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following vacant positions:
Applicants must have the following attributes:
- At least Grade 1 Malawi National Trade Test Certificate and Advanced Craft At least Grade 1 Malawi National Trade Test Certificate and Advanced Craft Certificate in Plumbing or related field
- Malawi School Certificate of Education
- At least two (2) years’ work experience in a similar job
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Resilience and ability to work long hours
- Planning and coordination skills
- Good interpersonal and customer care services skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
a) Repairing burst pipes and leakages
b) Assessing and installing new water connections
c) Replacing faulty meters
d) Replacing and lowering pipes
e) Laying new pipelines
f) Uprooting customer pipes as assigned
g) Enforcing safety regulations in all site undertakings
h) Carrying out inspections at customer premises for adherence to Board’s bye laws
i) Ensure that set standards and specifications for excavating trenches for pipe laying are adhered to at all times
j) Preparing and submitting reports
k) Performing any other duties relevant to the post as assigned from time to time.
An attractive salary will be offered in accordance with the successful applicant’s qualifications and experience.
Method Of Application
Interested eligible applicants must submit their written applications giving full Curriculum Vitae (CV) and names of two (2) traceable referees to:
Chief Executive Officer
Blantyre Water Board
P.O. Box 30369
The closing date for receiving application letters is 15th November, 2023.
Blantyre Water Board is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.