Office of the Ombudsman
The Office of the Ombudsman is a public body established under the Republic of Malawi Constitution. Section 123 of the Constitution accords the Office of the Ombudsman the mandate to investigate any and all cases where it is alleged that a person or a group of persons have suffered an injustice and there appears to be no any remedy reasonably available by way of appeal from court or where there is no other practicable remedy.
The Office of the Ombudsman is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions:
Job Title : Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Grade : OMB6
Responsible to : Principal Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Grade OMB5)
Duty Station : Office of the Ombudsman -Headquarters
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Initiating the development and review of strategic plans, budgets, annual work plans and performance contract;
• Consolidating the office’s work-plans and budgets;
• Preparing and reviewing proposals for resource mobilization;
Reviewing monitoring systems and making recommendations;
Developing, implementing and monitoring risk assessment framework in liaison with Internal Audit Unit;
• Monitoring and evaluating the implementation of programmes and projects;
• Coordinating the implementation of Public Sector Reforms initiatives and Government performance interventions;
• Coordinating projects; and
• Preparing monthly Reports and Statistics for the Office of the Ombudsman;
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants must be in possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Political Science, Social Science, Public Policy, Human rights and Governance or Public Administration obtained from accredited institution.
Working experience in accountability and oversight functions will be an added advantage.
Be of high integrity
• Team builder and ability to work without supervision
Good track record of interpersonal skills
Sufficient knowledge in Human rights and Governance
Have excellent negotiation and analytical skills Have excellent oral and written communication skills
Computer knowledge in Microsoft Office (word, excel, access) and other computer
Method Of Application
Interested candidates should submit applications attaching a Curriculum Vitae, including
three traceable referees and copies of certificates, to reach the undersigned not later
than Friday, 13th August, 2022.
Office of the Ombudsman
St. Martin’s House
Private Bag 348
The applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE INDICATE ON THE ENVELOPE THE POSITION BEING APPLIED FORONLY SHORTLISTED
APPLICANTS WILL BE ACKNOWLEDGED.
“THE OFFICE OF THE OMBUDSMAN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER”