Public Service Pension Trust Fund
Public Service Pension Trust Fund (PSPTF) is an Institution that was established in compliance with the Pension Act (CAP 55:02) to oversee the administration of the Public Service Contributory Pension Scheme. The Fund is now inviting applications from suitably qualified Malawians to fill the following vacant position that exist at the Secretariat Office. The successful candidates shall be appointed on contracts renewable every 3 years upon successful performance.
Job Title: Planning and Investment Manager
Division: Planning and Investment
Reporting to: Principal Officer
Direct Supervisees: Assets and Investment Officer
: Planning and Research Officer
: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To manage planning and investment activities of the Fund
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducting feasibility studies for new projects
- Developing business plans and overseeing their implementation.
- Monitoring and evaluating performance of business ventures.
- Conducting market research, identifying market trends and opportunities and adjust business plans accordingly.
- Collaborating with asset managers in carrying out promotion and marketing of the business ventures.
- Preparing and presenting reports on commercial transactions and current status of business ventures to the Management.
- Coordinating and supervising the functions and performance of investment department.
- Identifying and promoting joint ventures/partnerships with potential investors.
- Coordinating and managing completion of investment project activities within agreed time frames and approved schedule.
- Liaising with outside consultants on completion of project activities within the approved budget and providing updates to Management on project critical path schedule.
- Communicating newly discovered risks or problems with pending acquisitions to Management.
- Monitoring revenue, costs, builder schedule and quality of construction.
- Developing collaborative relationships with other departments on financial/legal/logistical issues.
- Managing and monitoring risks to which the Department is exposed
- Supervising and appraising performance of staff in the department.
- Coordinating the preparation of the agenda items and reports for investment related meetings.
- Collaborating with other departments in addressing relevant project risks and devising proper resolution strategies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor and Master Degree either in Investment Finance, Economics or Financial
- Management from an accredited University or Institution;
- Those holding and accounting qualification should possess, in addition to the accounting qualification, Professional qualifications such as ACCA, CPA, CIMA or ACA or other similar qualification; and
- A working experience of Five (5) years in the relevant field, Two (2) years of which should be in a Senior Position in a reputable organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proper and effective administration skills;
- Good time management skills;
- Strong financial understanding and the ability to interpret financial reports at strategic level;
- Extensive knowledge of the Pension Act, Financial Services Act and other related acts;
- Knowledge and experience in asset management principles;
- Demonstrable experience in a complex multi-stakeholder environment;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Package with an emphasis on Excel and Word.
Method Of Application
The closing date for receiving applications is on 18th February, 2024. Please note that only applications received through email@example.com will be considered and all applications sent through any other channel will not be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org