Holy Family Mission Hospital
Holy Family Mission Hospital (HFMH) is under Christian Health Association of Malawi (CHAM) under the Archdiocese of Blantyre of the Roman Catholic Church. It is situated in Phalombe district. Applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the vacant position below are being invited:
JOB TITLE: PHARMACY ASSISTANT
Reporting to Pharmacy Technician.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ordering and receiving suppliers from the hospital and other partners
- Ensuring that all drugs and medical suppliers are available at the facility
- Managing pharmaceutical inventory at the dispensary in co-operation with relevant officers
- Ensuring that all pharmaceutical and medical suppliers are stored appropriately and in accordance with manufactures or suppliers storage specifications
- Participating in the development of standard operating procedures for the hospital pharmacy warehouse, drug store and dispensary g., pharmaceutical s management, rational use of drugs, especially those without any formal pharmacy training
- Assisting in training staff to build capacity of pharmacy staff at health Centre
- Dispensing medication to in and out-patients
- Issue stock to the wards from the Pharmacy with accuracy
- Advising patients on how to take medicines correctly and safety to achieve the best therapeutic outcome
- Any other duties deemed reasonable for the post.
- Certificate in Pharmacy
- At least 1 year experience in busy organization, computer literacy will have an added advantage.
Method of Application
Applications with Curriculum Vitae (CV), three traceable referees and relevant Copies of certificates should be sent or emailed to the following address, not later than 3rd November 2023. The Acting Principal Hospital Administrator, Holy Family Mission Hospital, P.O Box 144, Phalombe.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.