Family Planning Association of Malawi (FPAM)
Family Planning Association of Malawi (FPAM) is a local, non-governmental organization providing youth friendly sexual and reproductive health rights, information, and services. FAM compliments the government of Malawi in improving the health status of all people in
Malawi. FAM’s vision is a Malawian society with access to quality and comprehensive sexual and reproductive health services and information.
FAM is looking for suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position.
To support the Service Delivery Manager in establishing districts consumption in establishing districts consumption trends by compiling and maintaining the updated drug usage report.
Reports to: Service Delivery Manager
To support the Service Delivery Manager in establishing districts Consumption trends by compiling and maintaining the updated drug usage reports and to follow up with districts on their needs, establish gaps and report to the Service Delivery Manager promptly
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the procurement of drugs and medical supplies to ensure that all such drugs and supplies are procured from sources approved by the pharmacy, Medicines, and Poisons Board.
- Institute good and professional orderliness in the storage of drugs in both the central storage and districts drug stores
- Collaborate with our family planning commodity sources like PSI and MOH to always ensure sufficient commodity buffer for easy supply to teams
- Monthly report to Service Delivery Manager on general compliance and drug matters
- Monthly stock status reports showing deliveries, short -dated stock, stocks on low levels and stocks at hand
- Knowledge of the legal landscape pertaining to pharmacy in the country including a good understanding of the working of the Ministry of Health, and pharmacy Medicines and Poisons Board
- Ensuring that optimal drug storage conditions, highest standards or record keeping, and internal controls are maintained
- Put in place a monitoring mechanism to eliminate any stock out of drugs and various medical supplies in the clinics that may be caused by poor distribution of drugs from the warehouse
- Supporting the districts in maintaining and continuously seeking to improve an effective drug stock distribution system to the users
- Identifying and maintaining track of nearly expiry items and ensuring that store expiry is minimized
- Support and perform routine stock take at district level and warehouse
- Analysing all reports from districts and ensure proper tracking of drug stocks on a monthly basis.
- Ensure emergency stock orders are processed and delivered to districts promptly
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time
• Diploma or Certificate in Pharmacy
Method Of Application
Please send your cover letter, CV and copies of relevant Certificates with three traceable referees through email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Details of this position can also be accessed by visiting www.fpamalawi.org. The deadline for submission is Friday, 9th December 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NOTE: Please note that due to volumes of applications we receive; only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged and that FPAM does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and have not retained any agent in connection with recruitment. FAM is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. FAM is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit fpamalawi.org..