VACANCY- Personal Assistant to the Headmaster
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above position which exist at Kamuzu Academy.
The incumbent will be expected to.
- Act as the first point of contact for the Headmasters’ office by dealing with visitors, correspondences and phone calls
- Manage the headmaster’s diary including making arrangements for meetings and local and international travel.
- Lead and Coordinate the production of the Headmasters Newsletter
- Participate in managing the Academy’s website.
- Provide support for Senior Management Team and Board of governors’ meetings by taking notes and arranging refreshments.
- Maintain an effective filling and data storage system for the headmasters’ office.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Headmaster
Qualification & Requirements
- Must have an Advanced Diploma/Degree in Secretarial studies or Business Management/Administration from a recognized and reputable institution
- Must be able to communicate well (both oral and written) with all levels of staff.
- Must have adequate skills in editing, proof reading and use of all Microsoft office applications
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a complex and multi-cultural environment.
- Those with considerable years of working experience in a similar position will have an added advantage
The Academy will in turn offer the successful candidate a competitive salary, accommodation with running water and other benefits. Only those who meet the above requirements should submit their applications together with a recently updated curriculum vitae with three traceable referees and contact details to:
The Human Resources Manager
Private Bag 1
Please clearly indicate on the email subject or Envelope ‘Application for PA to Headmaster*
Closing date for receiving applications is 20th January, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.