Location: Lilongwe, Malawi
Application deadline: 05 February 2024
Objective of the Role:
Wala Limited is looking for a People Management Officer (PMO) to join its team. The role is critical in supporting the implementation of the day-to-day function of human resource, people development and management by the company. The PMO’s responsibilities include oversight and ensuring adherence by the company to local labour laws and regulation. The function is also responsible for ensuring adequate and effective people development and management at all times to ensure the attainment of the company’s goals. The successful candidate will have solid organizational skills and be familiar with Human Resources and people management functions. Ultimately, you will make sure all functions related people development and management at the company run smoothly.
Above the technical competences, we are looking for a driven, long-term sighted individual who has an authentic interest in contributing to Malawi’s socio-economic development and is willing to grow within a multicultural, dynamic and innovative place of work.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead planning and execution of company human resource, people development and management functions.
- Provide HR and people management oversight to the company by developing and clarifying people development and management strategies, programs, policies, and other HR-related items (performance management, compensation, staff development, retention etc).
- Ensure the company’s compliance to the country’s labor and other related regulations.
- Support the company and Finance Department in ensuring legal compliance with HR-related and financial requirements through adherence to national human resource and people management related legislation.
- Engage and oversee staff guidelines and adherence to company policies.
- Improve the company’s HR and people development and management strategies, policies and guidelines by connecting the dots across multiple departments. Identify, propose and implement solutions to correct inconsistencies and gaps in company strategies and policies.
- Create and maintain physical and digital personnel records in alignment with local laws and regulations and best practice.
- Oversee hiring, retention and staff welfare, working with management to ensure sufficient staff complement to deliver on the company goals at all times.
- Any other reasonable and related tasks assigned from time-to-time
Qualifications – Professional and academic background/expertise:
- Higher education qualification in Human Resources Management or relevant field.
- Familiarity and experience using relevant digital tools for Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
- Experience setting-up HR and people management related processes.
- Effective interpersonal, teamwork and organizational skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of Malawian labour laws and legislation.
- Good verbal and written communication and working skills in English. Knowledge of local languages an asset.
- Integrity and highly ethical
- Self-starter who is able to work well with minimal supervision
- High levels of professionalism
- Team player with advanced conflict management skills
- Team building and retention skills
- Continuous learning and knowledge sharing
- Values diversity – cultural and diversity sensitivity
- Ability to produce high quality deliverables in agreed timelines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to explain complex concepts in a simple manner
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Chichewa
- Ability to organize and interpret data and present findings in both oral and written form
Method Of Application
If you are looking for a challenging but rewarding transition and see yourself as a fit for this role, reach out to us by submitting your application (cover letter and CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clearly state the position to which you are applying in the subject of your email application.
Deadline for submissions is 05 February 2024 at 23:59HRS CAT. Late submissions will not be considered.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.