VisionFund Malawi is a Christian owner-operated mission-driven deposit taking microfinance network working with caregivers in hard to reach, impoverished locations so they can create secure futures for their children. Inspired by Christian values, we are dedicated to working with the most vulnerable families and communities regardless of religion, race, ethnicity gender, to create lasting change in their lives.
VisionFund Malawi is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions:
PEOPLE, CULTURE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Location: Head Office, Lilongwe
Reporting to the Senior People & Culture Officer the People and Culture Officer is responsible for ensuring smooth running of the people and culture processes, as well as carrying out all administrative tasks including management of property, fleet, stores, security, contracts, assets and insurance within the relevant policy framework, to ensures smooth running of office operations and the business.
- Support the timely assessment, recruitment, candidate screening, selection, hiring and orientation
- Support timely renewal of employee contracts
- Support in the facilitation the LORO process to ensure that we have well trained staff
- Coordinates and follow up frequent and timely coaching is provided to staff;
- Assists managers to set SMART performance targets and ultimately ensures that performance
contracts are properly aligned to JDs;
- Create an induction program for new staff orientation including content and schedule
- Support in reviewing completed performance appraisals for all staff to ensure the performance
appraisals are aligned to performance contract and monitors performance gap trends within the
- Support in the administration of the monthly, quarterly and annual performance evaluation
process as required by the policy
- Coordinating staff training requirements
- Support in managing performance management processes
- Responsible for facilities management
- Ensuring that utility bills are paid for in time and that scheduled and ad-hoc maintenance occurs timely.
- Ensure maximum security is provided to all the VFM rented facilities all the time
- Responsible for the ground implementation and compliance with all service contracts including
but not limited to contracts for rentals, security services and any other contracts for operations
support. Being the lead person in the performance assessment of the service providers, providing recommendations to the Senior P&C Manage where necessary.
- Ensures that the Fixed Asset Register is up to date all the time, ensuring that new assets as well as asset movements are well documented; ensuring that asset verifications are conducted not less than twice a year; that unusual findings from the verifications are reported to the P&C Manager.
- Responsible for insurance management. Ensuring that all different risks have proper insurance cover, that the values used in the cover provide VFM with sufficient cover; ensuring that claims are timely filled; regular and timely follow ups, and providing a fair assessment of the service providers before contract renewals
- Providing supervisory services to the Administration assistant, drivers and transport Officer, ensuring that they have annual performance objectives that fit into VFM Operational Plan, ensuring that their performance is agreed to the minimum standards.
- Ensuring maximum logistical support for functions/events/workshops is provided
- Ensure that there are always enough office supplies for use at the office and be responsible
for enforcing proper control on the management of the supplies.
- Responsible in ensuring that offices and the surrounding grounds are always neat and tidy.
- Ensure that the VFM’s fleet including motorcycles are well managed in accordance with the fleet
- University degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration or any
relevant qualification with at least 2 years’ work experience.
- Proven ability to lead multi-discipline teams, strong communication & presentation skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines, multi-tasking to ensure deadline are met.
- Strong client relations, negotiation and selling skills, relationship Management and team
- Be self-starter, effective team player and demonstrated verifiable result-oriented track record
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Highest levels of integrity
Method Of Application
Interested candidates should send their applications together with their detailed Curriculum Vitae, three traceable referees and copies of certificates to:
The People, Culture & Administration Manager,
Private Bag A232, LILONGWE
Closing date for receiving applications is 23rd January, 2024.
VisionFund Malawi does not use agents, nor solicit any form of payments for any application, training, interviewing, testing or any fees in connection with this recruitment. Report any acts of solicitation for payment and/or extortion to VisionFund Malawi on the following; Tip offs Toll Lines: 0884621623