Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO)
Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO) is a locally registered non-governmental organization (NGO) established in 1995 to complement Government’s efforts in in the fight against HIV and AIDS and other health related issues.
MACRO’s Vision is “Malawi populace free of ill-Health” and its Mission is “Transform lives of Malawians through provision of high quality HIV and AIDS, and other health related services”.
With funding from CDC, MACRO is implementing the IMPACT Project whose purpose is: To strengthen effective measures to address unmet needs for HTS among men and KP/PP and HIV services for KP in CDC supported districts towards the attainment of 95-95-95 goals.
Therefore, MACRO is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position:
Role: PEER EDUCATOR SUPERVISOR
Reporting to the Key Population Officer the Peer Educator Supervisor will be responsible for provision of HIV Testing Services and ongoing supportive supervision and mentorship to Peer Educators to ensure sustainable, high quality and client focused HIV prevention services that targets key Population such as Men who have Sex with Men, Female Sex Workers and Trans gender populations. S/he will work under close guidance and support from Key Population Officer and MoH District HTS Coordinators to meet quality standards in Key Population friendly HIV prevention services.
- Provide high quality HIV testing and counselling services including provision of safe and ethical Active Index testing services to partners and children of Female Sex Workers and Social Network Strategy to peers.
- Ensure and maintain quality assurance in the provision of Counselling and Testing services.
- Help HIV infected KPs with referrals/linkage to treatment, including walking them to the referral point (ART clinic), explaining why the referral was made and what services will be given at the referral point.
- Provide post-counseling follow-up to positive clients to ensure they are enrolled in care and ensure provision of adherence counseling to the KPs on treatment.
- Follow up on all referrals made and ensure that data is correctly captured for MSM, FSWs and Trans gender accessing HIV prevention services including ART, STI, Gender Based Violence (GBV), cervical cancer, Tuberculosis, PrEP, retention and adherence to treatment.
- Support and coach Peer Educators to provide high quality client centered prevention education and referral services including monitoring and evaluating the implementation of Key Population friendly activities.
- Diploma in Community Development, Public Health or equivalent.
- MOH HTS Certificate
- 2 to 3 years’ experience working in HIV and AIDS service provision programs.
- Effective community mobilization and health promotion skills.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in supervising, supporting and coaching staff.
- Possession of Valid Motorcycle Driving License
- Ability to work in a complex environment charged with multiple tasks, short deadlines, and intense pressure to perform.
- Motivated, passionate, and hard working.
Method Of Application
All interested applicants for the above position are requested to submit their application, CV, educational qualifications, names and contact telephone numbers of at least three traceable referees to The Executive Director, Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization through email to: email@example.com
Closing date for receiving applications is Wednesday, 31 May, 2023. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org