TNM (Telekom Networks Malawi)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill two vacant positions within Telekom Networks Malawi Plc. Below are the details of the position and requirements:
Patch and Vulnerability Management Specialist (1) Tenable in Blantyre
The successful candidate shall be expected to perform security assessments of applications, systems, and networks within the network environment. The role demands specialist skills in the assessment of applications, systems, and networks within the network environment and ensures adherence to TNM policy, or local regulatory and contractual requirements.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
- Conducts internal Penetration testing exercises on a regular basis.
- Identifies applications/systems/networks that do deviate from acceptable configurations and regulatory requirements.
- Measures the effectiveness of Defense-in-Depth (DiD) architecture against known vulnerabilities.
- Conducts required security views as appropriate within the TMT environment.
- Manages and operates patch management tools.
- Develops checklists/ playbooks for mitigating common vulnerabilities.
- Performs technical (evaluation of technology) and non-technical (operations) risk and vulnerability assessments of relevant technology focus areas (e.g., Telco, local computing environment, network and infrastructure, supporting infrastructure, and applications)
- Conducts technical reviews of continuous audit and vulnerability assessment data and collaborates with stakeholders to inform prioritized patch management based on risk and impact.
- Performs quality inspections and walkthroughs throughout the SDLC, including requirements review, architecture review, design review, code review, and security review to ensure compliance with TNM standards.
Educational and Professional Requirements
- Minimum of B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity, or equivalent.
- Sound knowledge of OWASP Web and Mobile top 10 vulnerabilities.
- Advanced knowledge of ethical hacking principles and techniques.
- Accurate knowledge of network protocols.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a related field.
Submission of applications is strictly electronic.
Method Of Application
Interested internal or external applicants are required to send their applications together with CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to:
The Acting Chief Human Resources & Administration Officer
Telekom Networks Malawi Plc
P.O Box 3039
The deadline for submission is Tuesday, 14th November 2023 before close of business.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com