The New Models Local Test Lead will oversee and participate in the local implementation of testing new program models in a designated country. Practically, he/she will learn and be equipped to train local church leaders and community members through the Church and Community Mobilization Process (CCMP) in collaboration with an external partner agency. He/She will also ensure that local operations supporting the test are in order that includes local programming, staffing, M&E, supporter servicing activities and test evaluations. This role operates in a matrix structure where the direct manager is in the Compassion Malawi National Office; however, for day-to-day guidance and accountabilities this role will be accountable to the Principal Test Lead who is part of the global team and located at Compassion’s global headquarters in Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA.
Over the period of this assignment The New Models Test Lead will learn the CCMP approach and ensure the feasibility test operates smoothly. To be successful the individual for this role will be expected to:
· Facilitate and conduct training.
· Work cross-culturally and cross-functionally.
· Observe and assess challenges and successes.
· Provide status reports and recommendations to the Principal Test Lead.
· Travel within the country.
Facilitate and conduct training
· The New Models Local Test Lead will be equipped as a CCMP Trainer through partnering with a CCMP Trainer/Master Trainer in a partner organization. This equipping will come as on-the-job training through job shadowing and practicum with coaching from the collaborating trainer.
·Work cross-culturally and cross-functionally
· The New Models Local Test Lead role is a matrix managed position that has direct reporting to the Compassion Malawi National Office but ultimately is assigned to execute work from a globally located team leader.
· The New Models Local Test Lead will work side-by-side with staff from other organizations to implement the new model test and evaluate it according to the globally developed strategies and plans.
· The New Models Local Test Lead will work with Compassion staff that work in both global and local functions and are located in numerous countries and time zones.
Observe and assess challenges and successes
· The New Models Local Test Lead will oversee the day-to-day execution of the test according to the developed strategy and plans developed with the global team. As closest to the test, this role will observe, identify and report successes and challenges.
Provide status reports and recommendations to the Principal Test Lead
· The New Models Local Test Lead will provide regular status updates to the Principal Test Lead through virtual meetings and digital correspondence. Where challenges are observed and identified this role will be expected to contribute recommendations for mitigation and/or design adjustments.
Travel within the country
· The New Models Local Test Lead will be required to travel from his/her home location to the district and community where the test is being conducted up to once per month. Additional travel could include visiting other partner sites or travel to the national offices of Compassion or other organizations.
University degree in International Development, Community Development, Education, Public Health, Social Work or other related field. Advanced coursework preferred.
Skills & Competencies
· Trained in or experience with the Church and Community Mobilization Process (CCMP).
· Ability to actively listen to and professionally deliver training in churches and communities with the highest levels of poverty.
· Ability to think strategically, create detailed plans and execute efficiently.
· Ability to make recommendations on program delivery and influence peers.
· Ability to assess multiple data sources/information and make and communicate decisions.
· Ability to coordinate and facilitate discussions across multiple working groups and departments.
· Ability to work collaboratively with cultural sensitivity and high emotional intelligence.
· Ability to network with other ministries and organizations.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Certification from a nationally or internationally recognized organization in a related field.