Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) Malawi is a locally registered NGO that has been operating in Malawi since 1995. Our mission is to work with the communities by promoting social and economic development through health, education, vocational skills training, food security and environmental programs. Our work towards development is guided by social cohesion and respect for humanity, driven by innovative and cost-effective programs. Through a variety of development models, DAPP complements the government’s effort in implementing the Malawi Growth and Development Strategy III.
An opportunity has arisen for interested applicants to fill the position of a Partnership Officer in DAPP Lilongwe Partnership Office reporting to the DAPP Partnership Manager.
The successful candidate will be part of a partnership team working within a busy environment of resource mobilization for DAPP Malawi projects and programs.
The main responsibilities in this position includes preparing and attending meetings with partners/ donors, identifying funding opportunities, writing concept notes, proposals, working with layout and design of partnership materials, booking meetings, doing data collection for proposal writers, coordinating and producing summaries of meetings and representing DAPP in relevant networking meetings.
- Diploma or its equivalent in Public Health, Social Science, Education, Agriculture
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in working with rural community development projects- preferable related to health, education, community development, agriculture or climate change.
- Fluent in English both verbal and written including grammar.
- A good listener.
- Has a good understanding and sensitivity to issues associated with poverty, gender, hunger and environment and able to speak about these issues in relation to implementation of DAPP development projects
- Outspoken and confident in making presentation in smaller and bigger groups about development projects including DAPP Malawi’s scope of work and capacity.
- Computer literate – including spreadsheets, power point presentation etc.
- Skills and experience in designing of layout for proposals and promotion materials is preferred
- Be self-driven
- Open minded and strong team spirit
Method Of Application
Applications describing detailed experience in relation to this vacancy, CV, contact phone numbers and three traceable references must be forwarded to the following address at your earliest convenience but latest by 20th January, 2023 to
candidate applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please write: Partnership Officer in the subject when sending the e-mail.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org