Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international humanitarian organisation dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. We started working in Malawi in 2002 and are well known for our innovative and quality programme
We promote learning and staff development for our staff through training, coaching, mentoring and exposure to new experiences
Concern Worldwide Malawi is currently searching for motivated, talented and hardworking individual for the following position:
Responsibilities and Tasks&
- Carry out initial financial management as Partnership Accountant asessment of new partners and annual review of existing partners.
- Prepare Partners capacity building plans on gaps identified and conduct partner trainings to address the identified gaps.
- Take the lead in ensuring that grant contracts with partners are well drawn up, and ensure compliance with all aspects of the grant contract (by both Concern Malawi and the Partner).
- Provide feedback to management in identifying areas where follow up is required in the area of further capacity building for partners and programme staff
- Work closely with Programme teams and partners to ensure the partners and programme budgets are properly incorporated in the Concern Malawi operational budget.
- Review partners advance payment requests and expenditure reports to ensure timely and accurate liquidation of partners grants
- Communicate with partners about any inconsistencies in the financial reports or delay in submission of the reports.
- Continuously engage with partners to ensure that their financial systems/controls meet Concern Malawi’s expectations.
- Carry out monthly reconciliations of partner advances, donor fund balances and any other assigned balance sheet items
- Regularly conduct a review of financial rating of partners,
- Assist to produce journals and adjustments each month relating to programme costs and other areas of responsibility.
- Assist in timely review of the cash books received from assigned field offices in order to meet reporting deadlines.
- Assist in preparation of donor reports in line with donor requirements
- Identify training needs of partners and programme staff from visit assessments and audit reports
- Organize and conduct financial trainings to partners and programme staff to ensure transparency and accountability in the financial procedures within Concern Malawi programmes and the reports from partners.
- Monitor compliance and internal control with agreements and donor regulations.
- Conduct close out of sub agreements following the standard procedures.
- Provide cover for other finance staff (field or head office) when there are staffing gaps due to leave or departures
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Accounting or Finance Management
- Part qualified ACCA or CIMA
- 3 years Practical experience in the financial management and auditing of grants to local NGO partners
Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
Concern has an organisational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organisation, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies
Method Of Application
Applications for the above career opportunities should include a cover letter; updated Curriculum Vitae with names of three referees (one must be most recent Line Managers). Due to the volume of applications Concern receives, Concern will only respond to shortlisted candidates. Send your application to the email email@example.com by close of business on 8th January, 2023.
Concern is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from\u00a0all qualified people. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.