National Oil Company of Malawi (NOCMA)
The National Oil Company of Malawi (NOCMA) whose main objective is to ensure security of fuel supply in Malawi is a wholly owned Malawi Government Company established under the Company’s Act of 1984 on the 10th of December 2010 and commenced its operations in 2012. NOCMA is responsible for managing the Country’s 60 million litres Strategic Fuel Reserves facilities situated
in Blantyre, Lilongwe and Mzuzu, and smaller depots in Chilumba, Chipoka and Mchinji.
Over the past thirteen (13) years, the Company has grown tremendously in its national strategic importance with its fuel importation market share growing from ten percent (10%) in 2015 to an average of sixty-five percent (65%) in 2023/2024 and this has been matched with growth in institutional capacity and investments to enable efficiency and effectiveness in executing its mandate.
In its drive to ensure improved and sustained efficiency and effectiveness in delivery of its mandate, NOCMA is seeking to recruit qualified and experienced candidates to fill the following highly rewarding positions that have arisen within the Company.
An attractive remuneration package is on offer to the right candidates with prospects for career growth within the oil industry.
Applications are therefore invited for the following positions:
OPERATIONS OFFICER – SUPPLIES (NOC06) – CODE: OO2023 – Tenable at Head Office in Lilongwe
To support the smooth and efficient operations related to the supply and distribution of fuel products. This role plays a crucial part in ensuring the timely and reliable delivery of fuel by Suppliers to meet customer demands while maintaining compliance with safety, quality, and operational standards.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assisting in planning and coordinating fuel importation rom Mozambique and Tanzania.
2. Liaising with suppliers on fuel availability at the ports
3. Planning for fuel quality analysis and sealing of tricks
4. Planning and coordinating the clearing of trucks at borders
5. Managing fuel suppliers’ contracts.
6. Drafting and managing customers’ contracts in liaison with legal services section.
7. Liaising with independent inspectors for fuel samples and quality analysis.
8. Liaising with and monitor movement of transporters for ports to Depots
9. Liaising with clearing agents ate the borders.
10. Supervising and appraising subordinate staff
11. Regular submission of reports
12. Performing other relevant duties relevant to the post.
REPORTING LINE AND SUPERVISORY
The position of Operations Officer – Supplies, reports to the Senior Operations Officer – Supplies and has supervisory responsibility over the following posts:
1. Assistant Operations Officer – Supplies
2. Assistant Operations Officer – Clearing
The required candidate should have the following competences, skills, and attributes:
1. Planning and organizing – skills and abilities in work planning and execution
2. Performance management – ability to work as a team member.
3. Communication and reporting – ability to collate data and provide information for management reports and information.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Petroleum Studies (Oil and Gas), Logistics and Supply Chain Management,
Business Administration, or related field, from an accredited institution.
2. Full & current membership of a relevant professional body is an added advantage.
3. A minimum of four (4) years’ cumulative work experience, three (3) of which should have been
spent at the same level in a similar role
Method Of Application
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience should send applications with cover letter, copies of certificates, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), names, addresses and phone contact numbers of three traceable referees to the following address:
The Chief Executive Officer
National Oil Company of Malawi
4th Floor, Kang’ombe House, City Centre
Private Bag 370
Attention: The Human Resources & Administration Manager
Applicants should state clearly on the envelope or in the subject line of an email, the Code for the Post they are applying for.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 2nd September 2023
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as NOCMA is committed to achieving relevant gender ratios stipulated in the Gender Equality Act, 2013.