Standard Bank Group
- Lilongwe, Malawi
- Business Segment: Personal & Private Banking
Standard Bank Group is a leading Africa-focused financial services group, and an innovative player on the global stage, that offers a variety of career-enhancing opportunities – plus the chance to work alongside some of the sector’s most talented, motivated professionals. Our clients range from individuals, to businesses of all sizes, high net worth families and large multinational corporates and institutions. We’re passionate about creating growth in Africa. Bringing true, meaningful value to our clients and the communities we serve and creating a real sense of purpose for you.
Responsible for the resilience of Information Technology by improving availability, reliability and performance of business-critical customer facing systems, whilst building sustainable capability. This complex task is delivered in conjunction with the Engineering and Business stakeholders Responsible for the resilience of Information Technology by improving availability, reliability and performance of business-critical customer facing systems, whilst building sustainable capability. This complex task is delivered in conjunction with the Engineering and Business stakeholders
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field
- Certification in Site Resilience Engineering or related field
- Knowledge in SRE practices, skills and concepts, administration, project control, supervisory techniques and communication skills
- Problem solving skills and appreciative of the bank’s core business.
- In depth knowledge of the Database systems, Core Banking System, Programming, etc
- Good knowledge of Database Management Systems (PostGres, MS SQL)
- Good knowledge of Operating systems will be an added advantage
- Technical/Systems Support/Programming experience required
- Three years banking/financial experience preferable
- Undertake measured, strict, troubleshooting of complicated systems and resolve time-critical incidents
- Implement software for the purposes of automating, monitoring and maintaining deployed infrastructure and services.
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence, with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Establish and mature the organisational capability to sustain operational readiness by identifying the principles of IT resilience, doing predictive analysis and planning for automation of environment discovery, systems mappings and remediation tasks to establish/re-establish resilience for key banking IT systems
- Direct and lead the vertical assessment of systems and incident data analysis (triage assessments) in order to identify the issues with critical systems.
- Strengthen Standard Bank’s ability to provide and maintain an acceptable level of service in the face of technical faults and challenges to normal operation by recommending appropriate priorities and remediation actions in consultation with the relevant key stakeholders.
- Influence decisions relating to stability, recoverability, availability, performance and operational security by managing key stakeholder relationships in technical functions (Infrastructure, Operations and Support), Information Security, Architecture communities though engagement.
- Monitor progress of delivery by other programmes managing detail resilience plan dependencies through engagement with other portfolios and programmes, reporting on progress to the stakeholders.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.