About Evidence Action
Our organization was founded in 2013 to address a big gap in the fight against global poverty–many of the most promising interventions are either implemented at a very small scale, or not at all. We set out to address this gap by building programs that would scale evidence-based and cost-effective interventions, leading to significant improvements in quality of life for hundreds of millions of people.
Our model worked. In less than a decade, our two flagship programs, the Deworm the World Initiative and Dispensers for Safe Water, have grown to measurably impact over 280 million people each year. This success is achieved through the dedication and talent of our staff, the hard work of our partners, and the commitment of our supporters.
By 2024, we seek to double our impact. We are strengthening and expanding our existing programs, and working to identify a new generation of evidence-based and cost-effective interventions that we can scale to reach millions more.
The position is responsible for facilitating an efficient HR function for our Field offices through responsible delivery of HR services to provide effective and efficient HR support to all program Staff. Reporting through the Associate, Human Resources, the Officer will among other duties be responsible for;
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure staff compliance with policy, HR Practices and local law in the field offices.
- Keep track of all staff changes and communicate as required to the Associate HR.
- Provide functional support in the administration of recruitment processes in field offices.
- Shortlisting in liaison with the function authority and in line with policy.
- Invite candidates and schedule interviews
- Coordinate On-boarding & Off-boarding process.
- Manage the Field Casual database
- Manage Timesheets for field staff – Submission, follow-up on late submission and admin support for Intacct.
- Compile and share staff needs/requests on Medical Insurance subscription changes accordingly.
- Support in planning field HR training & activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or related human sciences field.
- 1 – 3 years of experience on a similar position in a human resources function.
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, and demonstrated skills in database management and record-keeping.
- Organized and efficient in delivery of planned daily tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Goal-oriented, organized team player.
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge.
- Great “people-person” skills and professional attitude.
The position will be based at our office in Balaka and will work closely with the in-country HR function lead.
Closing date for receiving applications will be on Wednesday 31st May 2023 by 5pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Evidence Action does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.