The Officer position is primarily a workshop/warehouse-based position which plays an important role in the expansion of Chlorine Dispenser and In-Line chlorination programs in delivering safe water and hygiene knowledge in the targeted communities. The officer position is based at the workshop in Blantyre-Malawi and reports to the Associate Engineering.
- Responsible for the chlorine dispenser and ILC devices assembly in the workshop within the set quality standards;
- Workshop and material inventory and maintaining appropriate security during and after dispenser and ILC assembly
- Operating and maintenance of equipment like Drilling Machines, compressors, generator, cutting machines etc.
- Receiving Dispensers and ILC parts.
- Dispatch of maintenance parts and assembled dispensers to the program team.
- General support to engineering team by raising engineering technical defects on the hardware parts that needs to be attended to;
- Monitoring hardware components failure/defects during assembly and informing the Associate, engineering.
- Support on new researches and innovation by carrying out bench trails at the workshop/laboratory level.
Required Competencies and Attributes
- High level of integrity and stewardship
- Embraces team work and aspires and supports the ideals of working in a team work environment as a team champion
- Flexible mindset and willingness to relocate on a short notice to other field-based assignments in other regions.
- Self-driven and highly motivated to deliver results within tight deadlines.
- Good computer skills and comfort to advance the skills in a dynamic IT field.
- Proactive and ambitious to support innovation and change in a dynamic working environment
- Attitude. Positive attitude to work and to develop in a fast-paced work environment
- Position requires ability and comfort climbing ladders and accessing water storage tanks at heights when on field assignments.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, water engineering.
- Experience in manufacturing industry, plastics production etc
- Basic knowledge in fabrication, pipe works, plumbing skills and experience
- Good language skills in English and Chichewa both spoken and written. Proficiency in speaking other local languages used in target areas is a definite advantage.
- 1-2 years’ experience working with WASH programs or water related industries communities or social enterprises/NGOs
- Motorcycle riding skills with a valid driving license.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Evidence Action does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.