About Evidence Action
Evidence Action is a global nonprofit organization with an approach distinctive in international development – we exclusively scale interventions that are backed by strong evidence and can be delivered with exceptional cost-effectiveness. Since our founding in 2013, we have reached over 515 million people globally with our interventions. We deliver high impact for every dollar spent, as recognized by GiveWell, The Life You Can Save, and Charity Navigator.
We do development differently: We take a data-driven approach to identifying, scaling, and continuously improving programs which deliver immense impact, ensuring these solutions measurably improve the lives of millions. Our Deworm the World Program has helped governments in Africa and Asia deliver over 1.8 billion childhood deworming treatments, improving health, education, and incomes. Safe Water Now provides sustained safe water access to over 10 million people in Africa, preventing childhood illness and deaths.
We drive innovation:Our Accelerator builds the next generation of exceptional programs, taking an approach most similar to a venture capital model. We are ruthless in exiting programs which do not meet our criteria; those that advance deliver outsized impact for millions of people.
We are global: Across nine countries in Africa and Asia, our 700+ people are united by a tremendous passion for our mission and impact. We are strong because of our diversity of experience, geography, and background – with over 90% of our people in the countries where our impact is focused.
We have big ambitions: Over the next decade, we’re setting our sights higher: We aim to reach over 600 million people globally to fulfill our vision of a world where hundreds of millions of people in the poorest places have better opportunities and their lives are measurably improved. We believe in bold and urgent action – because poverty doesn’t wait, and neither should we.
We need great people:Our success to date is due to the collective work of our amazing staff. To achieve our ambitious goals, we are looking for people who share our passion for evidence, cost-effectiveness, and scale. We seek individuals who take an entrepreneurial approach, enjoy tackling hard problems, and have a bias to action and results. If our vision and approach excite you as much as it does us, we invite you to join us.
The Administrative Officer will ensure smooth functioning of the Lilongwe Country Office by providing administrative support through effective coordination, planning, monitoring of office operations, logistics and reporting.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Handling organizational and clerical support tasks.
- Management of office supplies and equipment.
- Organize travel arrangements for staff, including partners and consultants, both air and ground transport.
- Arrange accommodation for any employees of Evidence Action, visitors, and partners, if need be.
- Filing and retrieving of documents as may be required.
- Monitor incoming emails and attend to or forward as required.
- Managing relationships with internal and external customers for any administration assistance required by coordinating with the supervisor and program teams.
- Provide secritarial services to program and other meetings and maintain register of the same.
- Ensure premises are managed well and are taken care of per Evidence Action standards.
- Maintain and report all fleet related data for Evidence Action Fleet.
- Cost effective provision of administrative services to ensure that there is no wastage of resources.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities assigned by supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications & skills
- Minimum of Diploma in business administration or any other related field.
- 0-2 years’ work experience.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with sound decision making abilities.
- Team player with experience in working in multicultural environments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail; High levels of integrity and confidentiality.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads.
- Ability to use computer packages such as Microsoft offices, Google Workspace and various office equipment such as printers, etc.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision, prioritize tasks and be able to meet deadlines.
The position will be based at our Country Office in Lilongwe and will work closely with the in-country Operations function team.
Closing date for receiving applications will be on Thursday 2nd February 2024 by 5pm but shortlisting will be done on rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Evidence Action does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.