Projects: Malawi Energy Programme – Wala Malawi Technical Assistance (NDICI AFRICA/2022/440-600) & Public Finance Management Malawi (EuropeAid/139872/IH/SER/MW) 8717
DAI is looking to recruit Office Manager
This is a short term consultancy for a qualified and experienced consultant to provide, management, coordination and operations support to the Wala Malawi Technical Assistance and Public Finance Management (PFM) Malawi projects’ in-country project management processes. This will include support to key stakeholder engagement activities, including high-level meetings and technical events. It will include planning and coordination of the project’s process for producing written outputs and deliverables. The role will also be responsible for supporting administrative and financial tasks as assigned by the Team Leaders (30-50% of time). The consultant will bring excellent organisational skills and capability to independently plan and deliver tasks, monitor timelines, follow up inputs from all parties, and actively troubleshoot and resolve issues. The role will have direct accountability for helping the project to deliver on strict timelines set by the Client and other stakeholders. The consultant will be contracted through DAI.
- Lead on planning and coordination of assigned stakeholder engagement activities, including formal meetings, technical events. This includes advance planning, as well as fully organising specific events, including logistical aspects, participant liaison, agenda preparation and dissemination, recording and disseminating minutes and action plans, and so forth.
- Support planning, monitoring, production and document management /archiving processes for project outputs including reports and other written deliverables, as well as key contractual records.
- Under supervision of the Team Leader, take responsibility for coordination and project management of assigned technical and/or operational workstreams.
- Ensure the Project’s digital SharePoint library is fully organised with clear and consistent folder structures and file names, important internal and externally sourced documents are catalogued, and Experts can access important materials for their assignments. Activate and deactivate access for external users to select SharePoint folders/materials as required.
- Lead on in-country coordination and support to the projects’ Non-Key Expert processes, from recruitment to approvals management, workplan support, logistics and operations, record keeping, etc. across the NKE activity cycle.
- Other operations, logistics, administration support as required.
- Provide flexible support to other tasks as reasonably agreed with the Team Leaders.
- Tertiary qualifications in business management, development, or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of seven years of professional experience.
- Five years of experience in development project administration and coordination, with demonstrated knowledge of tasks required for the role (as described above).
- Experience working with the Government of Malawi, international organisations or on international development projects is preferred. Past experience with EU projects would be an asset.
- Past experience with DAI or similar contractor policies and administrative procedures would be an asset.
- Experience in stakeholder engagement, event management and logistics.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship management and teamwork skills.
- Fluent written and spoken Chichewa and English.
- Advanced English writing, editing and document production skills are essential.
Location: Lilongwe, Malawi, with domestic travel
Start/ Duration: ASAP (three calendar months)
Inputs: Up to 60 working days over three calendar months, distributed generally evenly across three months. Specific timing to be agreed in advance with the Team Leaders.
Supervision: Reporting to the Team Leaders for day-to-day duties, and to DAI on contractual matters.
Deadline for submission of CVs: ASAP but no later than 29 February 2024
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis so early applications are strongly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit phf.tbe.taleo.net.