CNFA, an international NGO based in Washington, D.C., is recruiting for the USAID-funded Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) program in Malawi, based in Lilongwe. The F2F Program works to generate rapid, sustained economic growth in the agricultural sector through short-term technical assistance provided by U.S. volunteers and supported by our highly trained local staff. Volunteer assignments are provided along targeted value chains among a variety of stakeholders including farms and farmer cooperatives, agro-processors, financial institutions, industry associations, and government institutions. CNFA Malawi currently wishes to hire the services of an Office Manager/Accountant.
The Office Manager/Accountant assists the country director with all administrative and accounting aspects of program implementation. Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Oversee the accounting and administration function of the programs;
- Prepare monthly expense reports to be sent to home office;
- Ensure compliance of project expenditures, including personnel costs, administrative expenses, and operating costs with USAID regulations and Malawian law;
- Maintain necessary documentation and reporting in accordance with USAID and CNFA guidelines;
- Coordinate travel logistics for CNFA staff, F2F volunteers, and other visitors;
- Ensure office is kept clean and in an orderly condition, manage the flow of visitors to office locations, and maintain stock of office supplies and equipment;
- Other administrative duties as required by the country director.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance, business, or related area of study required;
- Two years professional experience in accounting, operations management, or business desired – prior experience on USAID-funded project desired;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required;
- Excellent knowledge of QuickBooks online desired;
- Fluency in English and Chichewa (written and spoken) required;
- Basic computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required.
Method of Application
To apply please send your C.V. and cover letter to the following e-mail address: email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org. The review of applications starts on September 15, 2022. We therefore encourage early applications.