The Technical, Entrepreneurial and Vocational Education and Training (TEVET) Authority is a regulatory body that was established in 1999 by an Act of Parliament with the mandate to coordinate and facilitate technical, entrepreneurial and vocational education and training in Malawi.
The Authority invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of Office Assistant (Regional Office-Central).
Position Title: Office Assistant
Reporting to: Administrative Assistant
To provide clerical and messengerial services
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Cleaning offices
- Posting and collecting official mail
- Facilitating movement of physical files
- Provision of office requirements
- Preparing and serving refreshments for staff, as appropriate
- Photocopying of documents
- Soliciting quotations for office consumables
- Supervising casual labour
- Facilitating lock and key processes and requirements of the business at appropriate times
- Facilitating requisitions for cleaning materials.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- Minimum of Malawi School Certificate of Education or its equivalent, plus two years’ experience.
- Malawi TEVET Certificate Level 2 will have an added advantage
- Motorcycle Rider License Classified A1or A
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Method Of Application
Interested persons meeting the above requirements should submit written applications with Curriculum Vitae, naming 3 traceable referees, to:
The Executive Director
TEVETA is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 26th May, 2023.
Due to anticipated large volumes of applications, only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.