World Food Programme (WFP)
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
POSITION TITLE: Nutritionist
TYPE & LEVEL OF CONTRACT: Fixed Term, NOB
UNIT / DIVISION: Programme/Lilongwe Malawi.
DUTY STATION (CITY, COUNTRY): Lilongwe, Malawi
REPORTS TO: Head of Programme
DURATION OF CONTRACT: 12 Months renewable
DATES OF ADVERTISING: 25.05.2023 to 07.06.2023
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This position will take lead on nutrition specific activities as well as provide critical technical support for nutrition integration across activities including where appropriate with food systems initiatives linked to supply chain. They will work closely with donor relations and RMU on fundraising and budgeting/financial management.
The position will be responsible for external representation with donors, government and other key stakeholders, activity management including financial and programmatic implementation.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Contribute to the development of nutrition projects and activities, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider nutrition policies and guidance.
2. Provide project management support to specific and defined nutrition projects and activities, ensuring a co-ordinated approach with wider programmes/projects that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
3. Develop and co-ordinate data gathering and monitoring/assessment systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
4. Track and analyse data to provide input into reporting activities and contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on nutrition activities that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
5. Liaise with implementing partners (internal and external) to monitor ongoing projects, ensuring effective collaboration, timeliness and efficiency, and highlight potential risks to project delivery.
6. Support the identification of potential partners and partnership negotiations to ensure a collaborative and holistic approach to meeting nutrition needs.
7. Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and national government to prepare for and respond to nutrition needs for example the production and review of training materials.
8. Guide more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
9. Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
10. Other as required.
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK: COMMON STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOUT
|Leads by Example with Integrity||Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments||Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork||Applies Strategic Thinking||Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships|
|Demonstrates and encourages others to uphold the WFP values, principles and standards||Identifies and aligns objectives to the required outcomes, holding self and/or others accountable for the delivery of results for maximum impact||Promotes inclusive teamwork and psychological safety by encouraging colleagues to collaborate by sharing ideas and openly raising issues||Communicates and fulfils WFP’s vision and operational outcomes to deliver meaningful solutions||Initiates and builds partnerships by identifying and promoting opportunities for mutual areas of interest and benefit|
|Values diversity using respectful and inclusive language, and encourages others to do the same||Delegates responsibly and provides appropriate support empowering others to deliver results||Supports development for others by giving timely and constructive feedback||Demonstrates curiosity, designs and implements new ways of doing things when relevant||Collaborates with partners to deliver common objectives by sharing information and cocreating innovative solutions with beneficiaries when appropriate|
|Stays focused and calm when under pressure, encourages others to do the same, and offers guidance and support to manage difficult situations||Responds readily to change in different contexts and adapts accordingly||Seeks out, trusts and listens attentively to diverse views to capture, learn, build and share new perspectives||Gathers data and different perspectives, shares knowledge and uses evidence to inform decision making|
|Demonstrates humility and a willingness to learn and share knowledge, frequently seeking and acting on feedback, and pursuing opportunities to develop||Implements decisions, considering the risks and implications of actions for teams, projects and other initiatives|
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in Public Health Nutrition, Nutrition, Food Technology, Medicine or other relevant field.
Language: Fluency (level C) both written and oral in English language.
Experience: At least 7 years work experience in nutrition field.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Experience and exposure to implementation of national/international development programmes.
• Experience working in public health/food security/ nutrition related activities.
• Experience identifying and defining nutrition issues/problems within a country.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Applications open: 25 May 2023
Applications closes: 07 June 2023
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.