JTI (Japan Tobacco International)
Lilongwe, LI, MW, 265
We are JTI, Japan Tobacco International, and we are present in 130 countries. We have spent years innovating, creating new and better products for the consumers to choose from. This is our business. But not only. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe that when they are free to be themselves, and they are given the opportunity to grow, travel and develop, amazing things can happen.
That’s why our employees, from around the world, choose to be a part of JTI. It is why 83% of employees feel happy working at JTI. And why we’ve been awarded Global Top Employer status, nine years running.
So when you’re ready to choose a career you’ll love, in a company you’ll love, feel free to #JoinTheIdea.
Learn more: jti.com
Please apply by February 8th, 2024
Reporting to: Non-Tobacco Inventory Supervisor
The position is established to assist in systems, processes, and procedure for the maintaining of Spare Parts, Consumables, Crop Inputs and NTM inventory. Taking a role in receiving, inspecting, storing, issuing, and document materials as required in the Spare Parts and NTM procedures. The position is also responsible in assisting in accurate Non-Tobacco inventory whilst maintaining set controls to ensure availability of required material resources (Spares, Consumables, Crop Inputs and NTMs) in cost effective manner for effective execution of maintenance, processing and administration tasks and assist adherence to EHS, 5S3R and ISO policies and procedures of the company.
WHAT YOU WILL DO: RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist to maintain economic stock levels to meet the needs of users and ensuring availability of critical spares as identified by users for effective maintenance and processing operations, review reorder proposal against trends in the system and set reorder levels, quantities and stock holding to meet maintenance, processing, and departmental requirements.
- Assist in storage and inventory handling of NTM, crop inputs, spare parts, and consumables of non-stockable materials and check that proper procedures for receipts and issues are followed for special stocks such as coal, fuel etc. and perform regular spot checks for physical versus system for randomly selected items.
- Perform regular spot checks for physical versus system for randomly selected items and initiate stock replenishments on materials with low stock levels to meet operational requirements.
- Assist to produce reports for user departments, collaborating functions to provide visibility of material consumption and stock levels of critical spare parts and highlight exceptions or any discrepancies to be addressed. (e.g., KPI reporting, material utilization etc)
- Assist to foster compliance with local and global policies and procedures, processes for spare parts, farm inputs, consumables and NTMs in Stores department.
- Conduct maintenance of the Material Master in SAP for purchased and consumed Spare Parts, consumables materials.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR: REQUIREMENTS
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management or a related field from an accredited institution. Those with Bachelor Degree will have an added advantage.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Packages and ERP systems like SAP
- Excellent analytical skills with a high affinity for numbers
- Strong skills in negotiating, planning & organizing, warehousing and logistics, analysis and problem solving, time management, people management.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jti.com.