Inter Aide, International NGO with headquarters in Versailles France, has been working in Malawi since 1992. The association is operating in the Central and Southern regions of Malawi by implementing programs in the areas of agricultural development, access to water and sanitation, maintenance of water points and community health.
Inter Aide, in collaboration with local partners and the Department of Animal Health and Livestock Department (DAHLD) from the Ministry of Agriculture, has developed over the last fifteen years an expertise on the implementation of community vaccinators networks allowing the vaccination of chickens against the Newcastle Disease to improve the nutrition and incomes of small-scale rural producers.
The current program operates in the districts of Lilongwe, Zomba and Phalombe and benefits more than 85,000 families. A new phase of the program, funded by the French Development Agency, will start in September 2023 and will aim at 1-supporting the government of Malawi to improve the production of I-2 vaccine and its quality control; 2-extending the network of vaccinators to 6 additional districts; and 3-supporting the Government of Malawi to improve the governance of the sector.
POSITION: NATIONAL COORDINATOR – MONITORING AND EVALUATION
The National Coordinator for Monitoring and Evaluation will coordinate, set up, follow-up and strengthen the overall the unit of the Newcastle Disease Control Program. The National Coordinator will support the Head of Program in the design and implementation of the system and will be responsible to supervise the project’s team. He/she will be responsible for:
- Setting up the project M&E operational framework and coordinate the implementation of the M&E system
- Set up the project framework and a calendar for all surveys, activities, data collection, in link with the project logical framework.
- Coordinate the design of the templates and the tools used (hard copies and/or tablets) and the training of the employees in charge of the collection and compilation.
- Prepare, design, coordinate and analyse all main surveys of the project, such as the Baseline survey, vaccination coverage survey, annual trajectory monitoring surveys, community vaccinators profile surveys and other ad hoc surveys.
- Perform regular analyses and intermittent assessments of projects indicators, anticipate and participate in the preparation of reports, ensure a clear presentation and understanding of the results and analyses by the stakeholders (vaccinators groups, project team, DAHLD, funder).
- Support the strategy to improve the ability of DAHLD to consolidate the main vaccination data and indicators from the different stakeholders.
- Support the implementation of the project’s Gender strategy and coordinate the Gender-action plan
- Based on the logical framework on Gender mainstreaming strategy (already developed for the project), develop a gender action plan to ensure that Gender is included into project’s planning, implementation, recruitment procedures, training, and collection of sex-disaggregated data.
- Prepare, design, coordinate and analyse specific Gender studies that fall within the M&E system.
- Support the organisation of steering committees with the Malawi Government and the French Development Agency
- Support the project in the preparation of the steering committees, especially in terms of data to be presented, templates and tools to be used for presentation.
- BSc or Master in rural development, with strong experience in monitoring and evaluation;
- Five-years previous professional experience in a similar field;
- Strong expertise in database management and M&E tools;
- Ability to delegate, transfer expertise and build capacity of an M&E team;
- Field oriented person, dynamism and flexibility
- Fluency in English (oral and written)
- Driving license B.
Method Of Application
Eligible candidates should send their CV and cover letter with names of three traceable references by 20th May 2023, with the position title in the subject line by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com