|National Advocacy Support Lead|
|National Advocacy Support Lead
Contract: Full-time, 3 years fixed term contract
Location: The role can be based in the UK or one of the following WaterAid Country Programme – Ethiopia, Ghana, Liberia, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia- subject to right to work eligibility in the respective countries.
Salary & Benefits
We need passionate, creative and dedicated people. In return, you will be encouraged and empowered to be yourself at your very best. Together, we will make a bigger difference.
Join WaterAid as National Advocacy Support Lead to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you’ll be joining a 2020 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
About the Team:
|About the Role:
The National Advocacy Support Lead is a pivotal role, reporting to the Global Campaigns Director, that will provide advocacy thought leadership and expertise to WaterAid teams across the organisation to scale up the impact of our influencing and achieve our ambition. It will work closely with country teams and experts within and outside WaterAid to provide bespoke influencing advice and support to successful advocacy within country programmes. It will also provide advocacy thought leadership and expertise to WaterAid teams across the federation.You will:
• Provide sustained expert advocacy advice and support to an identified set of countries to embed and strengthen influencing as part of reorienting programmes in line with country 5-year strategies.
• Design and deliver influencing trainings and workshops for country programme teams.
• Support national influencing strategy planning and review processes.
• Provide quality-control thought leadership to WaterAid’s advocacy work, identifying trends in areas of improvements or weaknesses, and developing and implementing initiatives to address this.
• Lead programmes of advocacy skill-building and peer learning for the organisation
Closing date: Applications will close 23:59 on 12th November 2023. Availability for interview is required from week commencing 20th November 2023. Interviews will be via video-link.
How to Apply: To see the full job pack, please click ‘Apply’.
Pre-employment screening: In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the respective country. All pre-employment checks will be carried out according to the applicable laws in the respective country.
|• Strong coaching and mentoring skills to support teams and individuals
• Working style that reflects WaterAid’s values of Respect, Accountability, Courage, Collaboration, Integrity and Innovation.
• Excellent communications skills, with the ability to write and present confidently in English (essential), French (desirable), Portuguese (desirable)
|12 Nov 2023|