World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. It is an international partnership of Christians whose mission is to follow our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ in working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God. It is a child focused organization and its goal is sustained wellbeing of (150 million) children within families and communities especially the most vulnerable.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for employment with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
MONITORING & EVALUATION OFFICER (Grade 13), 1 Position, Based in Mangochi District.
Purpose of the position
Reporting to the M&E Specialist, the M&E Officer will work in a matrix reporting relationship with the District IRS Coordinator to ensure the collection of quality M&E data for the Global Fund Malaria program in the district. The M&E Officer responsibility focuses on surveillance and information management, monitoring programmatic IRS delivery, and supporting evidence-based vector control decision-making. The M&E Officer will be responsible for coordinating M&E and reporting systems in the district and provide technical assistance to improve understanding of project monitoring. In addition to monitoring and evaluation, the position will support capacity building activities
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the collection, analysis, and presentation of IRS program data.
- Implement the global project DHIS2-based database, in conjunction with the Government Database Manager, for data collection, management, and visualization on the IRS project.
- Design, review and test M&E tools for reporting formats and data collection. These can include mobile-based tools, digitally- enumerated satellite Images or atlases, and other innovations to data collection, data quality, data entry, and data reporting
- Lead periodic internal Post Spray Data Quality Assessments (PSDQAs) at the end of IRS campaigns to evaluate data accuracy and quality, end of IRS campaigns to evaluate data accuracy and quality.
- Assist in preparing the project for possible external data quality audits to ensure validity, integrity, precision, reliability and timeliness of all performance data, identifying gaps and suggesting corrective actions on time.
- Work closely with the District Coordinator to provide routine feedback during the IRS campaign to help increase data-driven decisions. Identify areas for programmatic improvements.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Prepare and ensure timely submission of weekly progress reports and client deliverables. Develop and/or review M&E guidelines/ standards/protocols and tools.
DME CAPACITY BUILDING
- Lead training of temporary field staff on appropriate methods of data collection, entry, reporting, and quality for IRS campaign on annual basis.
- Supervise/mentor the seasonal M&E Assistant staff hired on the project.
Knowledge, qualification and experience required
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in Statistics, Information Technology with relevant experience working in Health sector field
- At least (5) years of relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation and in research, with previous IRS or other malaria program experience desirable.
- Experience in DHIS2, Tableau, mobile data collection platforms (ODK, CommCare, Kobo Collect, Epilnfo, Fulcrum, etc.), and/or GIS satellite imagery are highly desirable.
- Good proficiency developing and managing databases
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in data base development and management
- Good level of proficiency in qualitative and quantitative analysis using statistical packages including SPSS, ENA for SMART, STATA
- Strong analytic and quantitative database management skills, budgeting and report writing. English language fluency.
Method Of Application
All interested applicants should send a cover letter with a detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees to: email@example.com not later than 13th January, 2023. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
World Vision Malawi does not use agents, nor solicit any form of payments for any application, training, interviewing, testing or any fees in connection with this recruitment. Report any acts of solicitation for payment and/or extortion to World Vision Malawi on the following: Tip offs Toll Free Line 847; inform firstname.lastname@example.org