World Learning is a leading international non-profit organization focusing on education and workforce development. World Learning seeks applications for a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist position supporting the USAID-funded Transforming Higher Education Systems (THES) project in Malawi. The program focuses on improving higher education outcomes, with an emphasis on increased student access for vulnerable populations and strengthened capacity in research and innovation. The MEL Specialist will assist in the implementation of the project’s MEL system and Collaboration, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) processes in close coordination with technical and programmatic staff. This position will report to the THES MEL Project Director.
- Oversee data monitoring, establishment of evaluation findings, and development of data presentation pieces shared with USAID, THES program partners, and other external stakeholders.
- Support data quality assurance for the project data.
- contribute to periodic evaluations/assessments; help disseminate results to internal and external audiences.
- Support establishment of a baseline on project indicators, including review of tools and survey methodology; and review of data quality and analysis.
- Manage routine project monitoring, including learning activities such s pause and reflect forums.
- Advise on research design considerations, such as sampling.
- Prepare data reports, work plans and semi-annual reports, and other data analysis
- Ensure data is cleaned, labelled, coded, and in a usable format for data analysis, as well as ensure data abides by and is maintained in accordance with World Learning’s data security policy.
- Support MEL Project Director in building the capacity of THES partners through training and other educational opportunities that facilitate high quality performance monitoring and evaluation.
- Coordinate with the MEL Project Director and THES project staff to analyze data and create data visualization to demonstrate program impact
- Degree in social science or related field, with emphasis on research design and analysis. Master’s preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience supporting the implementation of MEL systems for USAID or other international donor-supported projects in Malawi or in neighboring countries.
- Experience implementing, Collaboration, adaption and learning (CLA) approaches.
- Experience in working with databases, various data management and data analysis software;
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection, analysis, and management methods;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build consensus and navigate complex operating environments;
- Understanding of the principles of inclusive approaches to programming that encourage full participation of individuals regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status.
- Malawian nationality and verbal and written fluency in English required.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.