Self Help Africa
Join Our Team
Advert for Monitoring & Evaluation / Compliance Coordinator – EnDev Demand Side Subsidy Results Base Financing project
Self Help Africa (SHA – formerly United Purpose) Malawi is an international non-governmental organisation working to create opportunities for lasting improvement in peoples’ lives. We work in partnership with others to support a range of livelihoods and food security, WASH and health, sustainable energy and gender equality programmes reaching over 1,000,000 people a year across Malawi. Globally, we work in nine countries across Africa, Asia and South America, however our Malawi programme is by far and away our largest and most established country programme. SHA currently operates in 17 districts in Malawi, supporting 24 on-going projects. This is an exciting time to join us as we seek to tackle the global challenges in progressive and innovative ways.
The Monitoring &Evaluation / Compliance Coordinator will be responsible for all data collection, analysis, and learning activities to ensure effectiveness, efficiency and accountability in implementation of the SHA project activities. More specifically, the M+E / Compliance Coordinator will be responsible for all data management by SHA and supervision of data collection activities by Suppliers of solar and cleaner cooking technologies and compliance of Suppliers to the project’s Operations Manual.
The Monitoring &Evaluation / Compliance Coordinator will be under the direct supervision of the Project Manager and will work closely with the Project Manager, Portfolio Offiers and Suppliers to support capacity building initiatives, and facilitate the collection of quality data. They will also collaborate with the project team in reviewing and preparing monthly, quarterly and annual implementation progress reports for submission to donors.
The Monitoring &Evaluation / Compliance Coordinator is responsible for leading and overseeing all M&E under the project and ensuring that accurate and timely data is collected and analysed to monitor project performances and inform project planning. The main tasks are:
- Lead in conducting assessments to track progress on project indicators and ensure quality of the data by performing verifications and validations; and analyze and discuss findings based on regular monitoring data.
- Conduct verification visits to verify Supplier reporting and gather feedback from project participants and stakeholders.
- Support the Project Manager in preparation of high quality monthly, quarterly and annual reports for submission.
- Support the implementation of activities in line with the project’s Operations Manual, ensuring compliance at all times for smooth implementation of the RBF and verification by the Independent Verification Agency.
- Track progress of project activities, flagging issues and making recommendations on improvements in the project’s design and implementation.
- Support the production of publications and other specific papers based on programmatic learning that can be shared to relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure that the highest standards of safeguarding and accountability are maintained through training and ensuring that the project team, Partner Organisations and other stakeholders uphold and practice SHA’s safeguarding principles.
Desirable Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Social Sciences, Project Management/Monitoring Evaluation, Statistics or other related fields.
- Experience working on solar energy/cleaner cooking projects.
- Must possess at least 3 years professional experience in Monitoring and Evaluation with practical experience in the use of modern data collection methods as well as facilitation of trainings for project staff in M&E.
- Strong analytical and planning skills and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning.
- Good working knowledge of data analysis packages such as SPSS, STATA, Excel and the Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrated ability to design, commission, and manage assessment methodologies and evaluations.
- Experience designing and coordinating surveys.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication
Method Of Application
Qualified and interested candidates who meet the stated requirements must submit a completed Application Form, downloadable on https://gsha.box.com/v/applicationform. The completed application form should be uploaded together with the Cover letter, Curriculum Vitae and Copies Certificates saved in your name to https://selfhelpafrica.org/ie/careers-apply/?jbcd=500QD000002x5FX%20-%20Advert%20for%20Monitoring%20&Evaluation%20/%20Compliance%20Coordinator%20%E2%80%93
No hard copies / physical applications will be accepted. Please note zipped Folder will not be accessed.
Closing date for the receipt of completed application forms is 12:00 Midnight of 3rd November,2023 Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Self Help Africa takes the safety and well-being of all those we work with, and our staff, very seriously. We have a zero-tolerance policy on abuse. Our recruitment is safe, meaning that we recruit staff with the highest values and standards of ethical behaviour. Self Help Africa has a Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy, which reflects our commitment to protecting the people with whom we work. All candidates will be expected to comply with this policy and its procedures.
For more information about the organisation, please visit our website at www.selfhelpafrica.net.
SHA is an equal opportunity employer.