Position: Monitoring, Evaluation And Research Manager
Organisation: Plan International Malawi
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International Malawi commenced its work in 1994 and currently supports programmes in 13/28 districts. Plan International Malawi currently has an approved country strategy (2017-22) Core sectors of programming include Sexual reproductive Health Rights (SRHR), Gender transformation, Resilience, Humanitarian response, Protection from all forms of violence and Inclusive quality education.
We have a temporary job opening for a Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Manager at our Country Office in Lilongwe.
The Monitoring Evaluation and Research Manager will be responsible for:
- Leading the implementation and adherence to MERL policy and standards, ensuring data quality and up to date MERL systems in place;
- Leading key aspects of the Program and Influencing Quality Policy (PIQP) cycle: situation analysis implementation, development of MERL framework for the Country Strategy, baselines and Country Strategy review;
- In-country MERL capacity building plan and contributions to the regional MERL network;
- Managing MERL related relations and partnerships with other agencies and government institutions
- Accountable for the quality of planning, monitoring, evaluation, research and learning of Plan in the country;
- Ensuring that all MERL activities are conducted in line with Plan International’s child protection and ethical principles, and for promoting accountability to beneficiaries
- Managing the MERL unit: line manages the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, the MIS specialist and provides technical oversight to the Programme Unit (PU) based MERL coordinators (1 Officer per PU) and the M&E Grants Officers (depending on number of grants in the CO).
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.