Civil society Network on Climate Change
The Civil Society Network on Climate Change (CISONECC) is an umbrella body of Civil Society Organizations working in Climate Change and Disaster Risk Management in Malawi. The Network’s mission is to provide a platform for engagement between government and CSOs on climate change and related fields for improved adaptation and mitigation to climate change impacts, with an overall objective of building community resilience to the impacts of climate change. CISONECC comprises of
national and international NGOs, other networks, alliances and research institutions, with a secretariat based in Lilongwe.
CISONECC in partnership with Save the Children is implementing a project titled Strengthening CSOs programme in Malawi (2022 – 2026) with financial support from Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA). Through this project, CISONECC intends to recruit a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer.
Position: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
Reporting: Programmes Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operationalise the institutional monitoring, evaluation and learning strategy;
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, evaluation and learning procedures in line with the strategic plan, monitoring, evaluation and learning strategy and project and programme logframes;
- Develop monitoring, evaluation and learning impact indicators for measuring project’s, programmes and network successes;
- Monitor all project, programme and network activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project outputs, outcomes and impacts;
- Monitor the sustainability of the project, programme and institutional results;
- Develop a monitoring, evaluation and learning results dashboard and database for easy management, communication and utilization of MEAL results;
- Provide periodic feedback to the Programme Manager on results from the project, programme and network activities MEAL implementation;
- Suggest strategies to the Programme Manager for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project, programmes and institution activities by identifying bottlenecks in completing project, programmes and institutional activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
- Report monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual progress on all project, programme and institutional MEAL activities to the Programme Manager;
- Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring, evaluation and learning system;
- Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to Project Management Team;
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Programme Officers and Programme Manager in preparing relevant reports;
- Assist the project personnel with MEAL tools and in supporting them in their use;
- Planning, budgeting and resource mobilization on behalf of the network; and
- Such other duties and responsibilities as the coordinator may from time to time assign.
- Good knowledge and understanding of monitoring and evaluation frameworks and tools especially for advocacy
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Competence with Microsoft Office or similar computer software, and web content management software.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- A confident and outgoing self-starter who rises to the challenge and is proactive in seeking new opportunities.
- Able to deal with a diverse and demanding workload and to work under minimum of supervision.
- Natural enthusiasm and interest in the subject matter.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
Qualification and Experience:
- Degree in Project Management or equivalent or Degree in Environment and Natural Resources Management with Certificate on Project Management or Monitoring and Evaluation
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in the public or private sector or equivalent.
- Experience with a Local and National Authority in a similar position.
- Experience of developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of M&E strategies for projects, programmes and institutions.
Method of Application
Interested applicants are requested to send a motivation/covering letter and resumes, with names and contacts of three traceable referees to the following address:
The National Coordinator
Civil society Network on Climate Change
Hand delivery be done through our offices on Plot No. 49/2/446/2, Area 49 New Gulliver, Church Close Street, Opposite Good hope Private Clinic in Lilongwe.
The letter can also be sent through the following email addresses, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receiving application is 28th September, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be communicated.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com