Find Your Feet
Find Your Feet (FYF) is a local NGO dedicated to working with poor, rural communities to create lasting solutions to poverty. FYF envisions a world in which everyone has the right to build a future free from hunger and poverty and its mission is to mobilise local knowledge and skills, and promote the ownership and use of natural resources by poor rural communities in finding sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty and discrimination.
FYF has received funding from World Food Programme (WFP) to implement projects in Balaka districts on Integrated Resilience Project and Smallholder Agricultural Market Support (SAMS) for a period of up to 31 December 2023. The project goal is to contribute to improved and sustained food, income and nutrition security for target households. Find Your Feet is, therefore, looking for well-qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions:
POSITION: MONITORING, EVALUATION, ACCOUNTABILITY & LEARNING OFFICERS (MEAL)
DUTY STATION: BALAKA OFFICE
REPORTING TO: DISTRICT COORDINATOR
The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that the M&E unit is responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of the Project.
- He/she will develop a systematic monitoring framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by the Project.
- He/she will also provide technical assistance to the implementing team, particularly in relation to monitoring, reporting and governance issues.
- The incumbent will directly supervise Data Entry Clerk/ Commodity Tracking officer.
- Assist the M&E unit in designing and coordinating baselines, mid-term evaluations, end- line evaluations and annual project reviews.
- Conduct results-based monitoring on a regular basis to assess the examination concerning relevance, effectiveness, efficiency and impact of activities in light of specified objectives and report findings to the programme Manager and District Coordinator
- Facilitate timely, quality and technical implementation of project interventions/activities in the project areas.
- Facilitate and lead project knowledge management and learning initiatives of the project.
- Provide technical assistance on monitoring and data collection to field facilitators/ officers, volunteers and local partners to ensure that data collected is realistic and of good quality.
- Ensure that Food/cash distributions are conducted in line with the agreed standard operating procedures
- Develop a plan for project-related capacity-building on M&E and for any computer-based support that may be required.
- Develop and share statutory plans and reports in a timely manner and of good quality . Ensure project monitoring schedules and approaches (Onsite and Post Distribution Monitoring) comply with the project agreements, other donor’s and WFP requirements and FVF standards.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviours, and Experience.
- Excellent analytical skills with an orientation to detail; experience in distilling critical qualitative and quantitative information from complex data to inform programme performance, learning and quality improvements.
- Well-developed report writing skills and demonstrated experience in preparing programme reports for diverse audiences including programme management; community stakeholders; government and donor agencies.
- Experience in Food Distribution and Cash transfer programs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and able to communicate effectively with youth, work colleagues and high-level government audiences.
- Sound understanding of the programme management cycle and support activities
- Intermediate computer skills including Word, Excel, email/internet, PowerPoint and vast experience in statistical analysis packages e.g., SPSS, STATA, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and deliver training and onsite capacity building
- Experience of working with young people from vulnerable settings and multi-cultural environment
- Fluent in English especially in report writing.
- Ensure program targets are met using indicator/ activity tracking table.
- The position requires extensive travels across project targeted areas to ensure that data is frequently gathered and best practices and lessons learnt are being effectively documented.
- Have a valid driver’s License.
- He/she is expected to work 70% in the field and 30% in the office.
- Ability to work even during odd hours
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, statistics and demographics or related field
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience working in a monitoring and reporting role in a donor funded Food distribution and Cash Transfer programs
Method Of Application
Applications must include a motivation letter, an updated CV, names and contact details of three traceable referees and photocopies of certificates.
Applications should be sent to:
The Executive Director,
Find Your Feet,
P.O. Box 20312,
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 4 January, 2023.
Find Your Feet is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.