Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Manager
About Imagine Worldwide
Imagine Worldwide Ltd is a subsidiary of Imagine Worldwide, which is a California-based (United States) nonprofit organization. Imagine exists to demonstrate that children with personalized technology in their hands can become literate and numerate — improving their future educational success as well as their health, wealth and social outcomes. More than 500 million children and youth worldwide do not attain basic literacy and numeracy skills. We believe in working with schools and communities to address these seemingly intractable problems.
We are partnering with organizations across the globe to implement tablet-based learning solutions. We are continuously building evidence on what works, why, and under what conditions. We use data to continuously improve content, approach, and implementation. Then we provide tools, expertise, capital, and a network to enhance the ability to scale. We envision a world where all children have access to opportunity. Through rigorous implementation of tablet-based learning solutions in areas with few alternatives, we continue to open up limitless possibilities for all children.
Imagine Worldwide Ltd has partnered with the Ministry of Education, Government of Malawi, and other partners to scale up nationally an innovative Edtech program that is focused on improving literacy and numeracy skills among learners in standards 1-4 in all public primary schools in Malawi. To support this ambitious program, Imagine Worldwide Ltd seeks to engage a Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Manager to join our team to support the Ministry of Education and other implementation partners in the successful rollout of the program.
The MEAL Manager will play an instrumental role in carrying out Imagine’s mission, to test and scale tablet-based learning solutions that enable children in Malawi to become literate and numerate. The successful candidate will play a key role in providing technical leadership and coordinating with implementing partners who will support the Ministry of Education at national, district, zone and school levels to ensure effective program planning, knowledge management, monitoring, and evaluation. The MEAL Manager will join a highly committed and collaborative team that is working together to empower every child, to achieve their full potential. The position offers an international, flexible, learning environment to enhance individual career development and growth.
The MEAL Manager will work closely with Imagine’s Program Director and local implementing partners to ensure effective monitoring and execution of project activities in Malawi. The MEAL Manager’s responsibilities will include – but will not be limited to – the following:
- Support program teams and partners in the development of theory of change and logic models during project design processes.
- Provide technical leadership and coordinate the development and implementation of monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) tools, systems, processes and methodologies.
- Ensure provision of adequate technical support, capacity building, and guidance to the team and partner staff to set MEAL plans, tools and strategies.
- Oversee and manage quality data collection to facilitate effective monitoring of program activities against set program quality benchmarks.
- Establish and manage a knowledge management framework for capturing key lessons and findings to inform evidence-based program design and implementation.
- Establish and oversee implementation of strong accountability and beneficiary / community feedback mechanisms, including quality assurance of established processes.
- Build team and partner staff capacity to enhance program accountability through guidance, training and resources.
- Regularly review monitoring data and share results with relevant stakeholders and teams to identify successes and make decisions about adapting activities and approaches to achieve results.
- Coordinate learning processes and documents, including periodically organizing learning summits for reflections on program performance, dissemination of M&E findings, and driving partnerships and donor engagement.
- Conduct and supervise program assessments, surveys, and impact evaluations.
- Collaborate with program and communications teams to collect, document, and disseminate impact stories.
- Support and ensure timely and comprehensive report submissions to donors and partners.
The successful candidate will possess the following competencies, experiences, and qualities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (development or social studies).
- A minimum of 5 years experience in monitoring and evaluation of development programs, including providing technical support to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience in managing an implementation with a significant technology component.
- Additional work experience is welcome.
Specific skills (required)
Exceptional project management skills and proven experience that include:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Chichewa
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ability to work effectively in multicultural environments and teams
- Strong organization skills and superior attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to proactively manage and resolve conflicts
- Good knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Experience in managing multi-site and multi-partner projects
- Ability to positively influence partners’ decisions and actions
- Proven facilitation and training skills with diverse audiences
- Ability to prioritize and display a high level of adaptability/flexibility while handling job responsibility
- Ability to design and coordinate implementation of MEAL systems
- Excellent skills in MS Excel and other tools for organizing, performing calculations, analyzing and presenting data
- Proven understanding of systematic knowledge management within development organizations and a capacity to promote organizational learning
- Proven understanding of evaluation methodologies, analysis, and presentation of key findings to inform decision-making and facilitate adaptive programming
- Strong communication skills and ability to write clear and concise reports
- Passion for Imagine’s mission and vision
- Demonstrated commitment to equity in educational access and outcomes
- Demonstrated competency in project management and desire to manage complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to think independently and solve problems
- Collaborative team player, clear and proactive communicator
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
Compensation & Benefits
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
The MEAL Manager must be based in Lilongwe, Malawi, with travel to field sites as required. The MEAL Manager will frequently collaborate and coordinate with local staff from our Implementation Partner organizations.
Method Of Application
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Kristen Stipe at email@example.com. In the subject line of your email, please write “Your Name: -MEAL Manager”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Details on Imagine’s operations, leadership and funders can be found at imagineworldwide.org.
Imagine Worldwide is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org