The Technical, Entrepreneurial and Vocational Education and Training Authority (TEVETA) is a regulatory body that was established in 1999 by an Act of Parliament with the mandate to coordinate and facilitate technical, entrepreneurial and vocational education and training in Malawi. Apart from the Secretariat in Lilongwe, the Authority has three regional service centres in Mzuzu, Lilongwe and Blantyre.
An employment opportunity has now risen within the Authority for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist for which the Authority invites suitably qualified professionals to apply.
1. MONITORING AND EVALUATION SPECIALIST
This is a very demanding and exciting role that reports to the Head of Planning and Research. The job holder designs and ensures implementation of the Monitoring Framework to track programmes and
service delivery against TEVETA’s goals and objectives.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist assists the Head of Planning and Research to ensure that all TEVET Authority Sub-projects are aligned and delivered according to TEVET Authority gand objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement performance monitoring plans including the development of result frameworks, indicators and monitoring tools in line with set program indicators;
- Monitor and evaluate implementation of annual corporate plans and budgets and make recommendations for improvement on programme and service delivery;
- Work closely with subject matter specialists and partners, and provide support in data tracking and reporting capacity;
- Prepare topical and generic reports and maintain records related to monitoring and evaluation for making informed decisions;
- Process and disseminate M&E findings and best practices to facilitate evidence-based planning, learning and programme decision-making.
- Attend to queries related to monitoring and evaluation matters;
- Establish baselines to gauge and support the performance of programmes.
- Lead in the analysis of data collected under the monitoring framework for assessment of progress and areas requiring improvement, as well as the implementation of summative evaluations.
- Provide regularly synthesized and updated reports on the status of programme implementation against TEVETA goals and objectives.
Required qualifications and work experience
- Degree in Economics/Statistics/Project Management or related field;
- At least two years’ work experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Management or any relevant field;
Method Of Application
If you are results-oriented, analytical, a team player and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with capability to deliver within set timelines, this position could be for you.
The Executive Director
TEVETA is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 22nd July, 2022.
Due to anticipated large volumes of applications, only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.