World Vision Malawi
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The purpose of this position is to ensure the collection of quality M&E data in the THRIVE 2030 program. The Officer will lead the development and implementation of the overall framework for grant M&E in accordance to the design document, donor requirements and M&E Plan. The officer will develop, pretest and adopt data collection tools, database and M&E System. The officer will lead in impact planning to ensure the achievement of milestones set for priority indicators in the project Performance Framework and additional indicators at different levels of M&E, coherent with the Grant approved proposal.
Data Collection and Management
- Establish and roll out community-based M&E system
- Detailed tracking of the 150,000 participating households
- Assist in the development and implementation of data collection tools and methodologies.
- Collect, verify, and maintain accurate data related to program activities, participants and outcomes.
- Organize and maintain a structured database to store and manage program data efficiently in alignment to the Program results framework/business.
- Quality assurance of data at field level
- Support utilization of data at field level
- Regularly monitor program activities to ensure they are aligned with the project plan and objectives.
- Collaborate with program staff to collect data on program progress, challenges, and successes.
- Ensuring the quality of project data collected and provide guidance
- Assist in the preparation of regular and reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the THRIVE 2030 Program Manager in reviewing progress reports to ensure high quality reports are submitted on time.
- Provide leadership in the management of information management system.
Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Support in the analysis of collected data to identify trends, patterns, and insights.
- Help in interpreting data to assess program impact and suggest improvements.
- Contribute to the development of data-driven recommendations for program enhancements.
- Capacity building of BSL volunteers and PIU leaders in data management including digitization
- Provide training and guidance to program staff and partners on data collection, monitoring, and evaluation best practices.
- Foster a culture of accountability and learning within the organization.
- Suggest ways to facilitate data collection and the flow of data within project field teams.
- Collaborate closely with program managers, coordinators, and external partners to ensure data collection and reporting are aligned with program objectives.
- Participate in meetings and workshops to share findings and insights from monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Ensure standardization of M&E tools and methodologies across implementing partners
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor degree in Monitoring & Evaluation, Social Science, Computer Science, ICT, Statistics or related field of study
- At least 4 years’ experience in data base development and management
- Ability to builds and maintain effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Good proficiency in developing and managing databases in an NGO setting
- Good level of proficiency in qualitative and quantitative DATA analysis using statistical packages including SPSS, ODK and Advanced Excel
- Strong written communication skills.
- Willingness to work long hours when required
- Self-motivated, innovative, and able to work under pressure
- Strong drafting and analytical skills
- Excellent communication, networking and interpersonal skills
- Ability to speak English and other Malawian vernacular languages fluent
- Motor cycle rider with a clean riding licence
- Working in a cross-cultural environment