Global Hope Mobilization
Global Hope Mobilization is a Malawian national non-profit organization registered with the Council for Non-Governmental organization, Non-Governmental Organizations Regulatory Authority, and the Registrar. GLOHOMO headquarters is in Lilongwe, with districts offices spread across the Country. GLOHOMO’s Vision is Communities with improved quality of life. GLOHOMO is working towards contributing to the Sustainable Developmental Goals and the Malawi Growth Development Strategy III. GLOHOMO is promoting sustainable development goals and the Malawi Growth Development Strategy III. In the last five years GLOHOMO has been operational based on the four main objectives namely, (a) to promote health programs (b) to promote education programs (c) to promote livelihoods programs and (d) to promote governance issues
GLOHOMO wishes to recruit a suitable candidate to support Ana Patsogolo Activity (APA) as Dreams Monitoring and Evaluation Officer for the period of 2 Years. GLOHOMO is looking to recruit a suitable candidate with vast experience in Monitoring and Evaluation.
1. MONITORING EVALUATION AND LEARNING OFFICER/DREAMS
The DREAMS MEL Officer will support the MEAL Specialist and APA partners in the development and implementation of data collection systems, ensure data quality, and accurate reporting in a timely manner. He/She will work under GLOHOMO but will be based at the WEI/Bantwana office in Blantyre and will be responsible for all DREAMS monitoring and evaluation in all APA DREAMS districts.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Support the designing and updating DREAMS monitoring and evaluation tools of the APA activity
- Support in the implementation of DREAMS monitoring, reporting and evaluation activities, particularly ensuring that the project achievements against targets are collected and reported in line with USAID/PEPFAR requirements
- Participate in strategic partner DREAMS meetings and share M&E updates, including progress on indicators and M&E activities
- Lead and support the timely and accurate entry of all DREAMS data into the DHISZ database by DREAMS Club Facilitators.
- Conduct quality improvement activities
- Perform data quality checks on all data entered in the DREAMS DHIS2 database (completeness, outlier analysis, coherence, etc.), and ensure corrective measures (cleaning) are applied
- Perform regular field visits to health facilities to ensure the quality of data collected by DREAMS Club Facilitators and verify the accuracy of reported data
- Analyze routine weekly/monthly/quarterly data and provide feedback to programs on facility and district level performance to aid preparation of remedial action plans for rectifying poor performance or documentation of best practices
- Supervise and build the capacity of Data Entry Clerks and DREAMS Club Facilitators on the M&E aspects which include reporting tools, data quality and entry of data into the DREAMS DHIS2 database and ODK.
- Keep abreast of developments in project changes and progress to ably advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase project performances and results
- Ensure that donor and program data queries are addressed in an accurate and timely manner
- Support and participate in project evaluations
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
Person Specifications/Required Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Demographics, Social Sciences, Economics, Public Policy, International Development, or any other related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in an M&E position in public health projects and PEPFAR experiences will be added advantage.
- Experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders and familiarity with PEPFAR indicators and reporting requirements will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building for monitoring and evaluation
- Good working knowledge of major databases and at least 2 analytical programs including Excel, STATA, ODK, DHIS2, Power BI.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a challenging environment, under high pressure and tight deadlines
- Proficiency and competency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and online collaboration technologies
Method Of Application
GLOHOMO as an equal opportunity/ employer, GLOHOMO is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm’s values, mission, and objective. GLOHOMO provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.
Eligible candidates meeting the professional and experience of the above stated vacancies should submit the following in pdf, with a Subject: DREAMS MEAL 01/2023 and attach the following supporting documentation.
Detailed Curriculum vitae Three traceable referees Copies of Relevant Certificates National ID.
Applications should be sent via email only to email@example.com
Successful candidates should prepare to undergo police clearance Deadline for application is 24th January 2023 5PM
To apply for this job please visit glohomo.org.