The Technical, Entrepreneurial and Vocational Education and Training (TEVET) Authority with support from the World Bank is implementing a Skills for a Vibrant Economy (SAVE) Project for 5 years from 2021 to 2025 through the International Development Association (IDA) financing. The Project development objective is to increase equitable access to market-relevant skills in priority areas of the economy, especially for females and vulnerable youth. It is anticipated that the impact of the project will support Malawi’s human capital development for a vibrant economy, equitable growth, and development through improved youth skills in key areas of the economy.
Employment opportunities have now risen within the TEVET Authority – Project Department for the positions of Monitoring and Evaluation and Learning (ME&L)Officer, and Project Assistants for which the Authority invites suitably qualified professionals to apply.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation and Learning (ME&L) Officer (1)
Department: Projects and Development Division
Reports to: Head of Projects and Development
Purpose of the Job
Design and ensure implementation of a monitoring framework to track delivery of tasks against Project goals and objectives; including establishing baselines to gauge and support the performance of projects.
Lead the analysis of data collected under the monitoring framework for assessment of progress and identification of areas for improvement.
Provide regularly synthesized and updated reports on the status of project implementation to the TEVET Authority Management through the Head of Projects and Development. Ensure all the TEVET Authority projects are aligned and delivered according to TEVET Authority Goals and objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement performance monitoring plans including the development of result frameworks, indicators and monitoring tools in line with set project indicators;
- Monitor and evaluate implementation of project plans and budgets and make recommendations for improvement on programme and service delivery,
- Derive lessons learned, and best practices and provide feedback for activity design and delivery
- Work closely with other divisions specialists and partners, and provide support in data tracking and reporting;
- Prepare topical and generic reports and maintain records related to monitoring and evaluation for making informed decisions;
- Process and disseminate M&E findings and best practices to facilitate evidence-based planning, learning and decision-making
- Attend to queries related to monitoring and evaluation matters.
- Establish baselines to gauge and support the performance of project activities.
- Lead in the analysis of data collected under the Monitoring and Evaluation Framework for assessment of progress and identification of areas requiring improvements.
- Provide regularly synthesized and updated reports on the status of project implementation against project goals and objectives.
- Lead in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual progress reports for TEVET Authority. Coordinate project monitoring and evaluation, mid-term and end of projects.
Minimum academic and professional qualifications and experience
- Degree in Economics or Statistics or related field.
- At least 2-3 years of working experience in Project Management and Coordination;
- Have demonstrable skills in computerised Project Planning, Implementation, Monitoring, and Evaluation;
- Knowledge and understanding of International Development Partner projects;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Be a self-motivated team player of high integrity,
Method Of Application
Interested persons meeting the above specifications should submit written applications with Curriculum Vitae, naming 3 traceable referees, to:
The Executive Director
TEVETA is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 20th January, 2023.
Due to anticipated large volumes of applications, only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.