PCL GROUP SACCO
ORGANISATION: PCL GROUP SACCO
PCL GROUP SACCO, an affiliate of the Malawi Union of Savings & Credit Cooperatives Limited (MUSCCO), a member owned and democratically controlled financial cooperative society, licensed and regulated by the Reserve Bank of Malawi whose aim is to improve the economic and social welfare of its memberships, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following position.
POSITION: MEMBER SERVICES OFFICER
Duties and Responsibilities
- Member Service Officer’s duties include
- Respond to telephone inquiries, written questions, concerns, and complaints relating to membership.
- Dispense information pertaining to fees, policies, procedures, benefits, goods, and services
- Proactively tend to the requirements of members by identifying their needs.
- Actively tend to members’ needs by identifying and addressing their requirements proactively.
- Investigate and resolves or escalating membership-related issues to ensure timely resolution and exceptional member service.
- Evaluate member eligibility, and process payments, applications, claims, and requests with
meticulous attention to detail.
- Document all inquiries and complaints and maintains accurate membership records to ensure data integrity and a comprehensive understanding of members’ needs.
- Efficiently manages the membership database and preparing relevant membership information, as required from time to time, in line with best practices.
- Produce precise and informative reports on membership and member services to facilitate data-driven decision-making.
- Collaborate in the processing of loan and deposit withdrawal applications with a keen eye for detail and precision.
- Investigate the reasons for member withdrawals and assisting in identifying solutions to minimize the frequency of withdrawals.
- Support the development of effective member service and relations procedures and systems to enhance service delivery
- Ensure that the SACCO adheres to regulations on KYC, Credit Reference Bureau, and Customer Complaints Handling to maintain compliance and promote transparency.
Marketing and Membership Recruitment duties
- Compile schedules for potential members in preparation for their enrolment.
- Spearhead the recruitment of new members by utilizing effective strategies and tactics.
- Aid in the creation of compelling marketing information and organizing marketing materials to attract and retain members
- Offer product and service recommendations and selling them persuasively to both existing and potential members.
- Encourage members to increase their monthly contributions and maximize their benefits.
- Support the coordination and execution of marketing activities to enhance brand awareness and promote the SACCO’s services.
Office operations duties
- Collaborate in all SACCO office-related activities to facilitate the effective development of financial and other reports.
- Record and updating member loans, deposits, and shares into their respective accounts with
accuracy and timeliness.
- Provide support with cashiering duties when the Cashier is absent to maintain efficient service delivery.
- Ensure that all required office and banking hall supplies are available to support seamless operations.
- Prepare weekly and monthly plans and reports, including those relating to membership contributions,
marketing, service, submitting them to the Manager within set deadlines.
- Undertake any other duties assigned by the Manager as required to promote optimal organizational performance.
- Understand SACCO or Financial Cooperative business model
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Great interpersonal skills and customer service.
- Good negotiation skills
- Quick decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
- Good attitude, Team player and ability to adapt quickly.
Qualifications & Experience
Diploma in Business Administration or Marketing, with at least 3 years’ experience in financial institute and those with Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Marketing will have added advantage.
Method of Application
Applications enclosing CVs and copies of certificates; should be forwarded to the email address below not later than Friday, 12th May 2023.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org