Project HOPE is currently seeking a consultant with subject matter expertise in the field of TB/ MDR TB to support a short-term project in support of the USAID TB Control Program (TBCP). The TBCP is a five-year Program implemented by Project HOPE in two countries of Central Asia – Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. The purpose of the Program is to ensure more effective and more accessible tuberculosis (TB) diagnosis and treatment for all, including vulnerable populations, to reduce the burden of TB and the development of drug-resistant TB in Central Asia.
Tajikistan is committed to introduce patient-oriented approaches in the diagnostic, treatment and prevention of tuberculosis (TB). Within the framework of the national workshop, the hospital substitution treatment of TB and MDR TB was considered as the best practice in the patient-centered approach. Following the National Action Plan developed in the workshop, country needs to study situation for introducing a hospital substitution model in the country and to develop a roadmap. The Program plans to provide technical assistance to NTP through the involvement of an international consultant to conduct assessment and to elaborate a roadmap for implementation of the appropriate hospital substitution model suitable to local legal and administrative frameworks. Implementation of a hospital substitution model in the country will improve quality of health care services and outcome results of treatment for TB and MDR-TB patients, using limited sources. The duration of this assignment is anticipated to be approximately six weeks including travel to Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
· Desk review of existing policies, strategies and technical documentation relevant to the field of scrutiny;
· Working with the TBCP key technical staff, meeting with the key national, international and public stakeholders on the subject of early diagnostics of TB in the view of the current policy decisions;
· Develop Plan for implementation\piloting of the hospital substitution (daycare) technologies in Program regions.
- Determine basic indicators for the assessment of daycare facility work
- Initiation of profile discussions at a TWG meeting with involvement of an NTP finance manager
- Development of a draft plan based on the results of local missions, including a realistic action plan and separation of responsibilities, preliminary recommendations to ensure a smooth implementation of the proposed plan in accordance with identified gaps in strategic documents
- Presentation of the draft plan developed by the consultant at TWG meeting and facilitation of its review by stakeholders
- Based on the recommendations of stakeholders, the international consultant will provide suggestions and feedback to the Program, NTP and TWG for further consideration;
- Development of the mission report with comments/recommendations and submitting it to Country Director of the TBCP in Tajikistan
· Evaluation report on the needs in organizing beds of daycare facilities in pilot regions (how many TB patients need treatment at daycare facility)
· A roadmap to create the model of the daycare facility
· Step-by-step instruction on the organizing the work of daycare facility
· Recommendations on financing of daycare facilities
· Presentation of a draft roadmap at TWG meeting
· Mission report with details of the assignment and recommendations within 10 working days after completion of the mission.
· Master/University degree in health sciences. PhD in health policy/health management with a focus on a TB area is desirable.
· A minimum five years of experience in TB programs management
· Strong knowledge and practical experience on new WHO recommendations on outpatient TB treatment and daycare model implementation
· Experience in health finance reforms
· Strong knowledge and experience of provision evidence-based information
· Knowledge in the M/XDR-TB case management, preferably, in Central Asia countries
· Excellent writing skills
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Initiative and resourcefulness
· Skills in developing analytical, technical and informative materials
· Ability to work in a team
· Fluency (both oral and written) in Russian and English is essential.
Period of Performance: 26 working days between July and August 2018
To apply for this job please visit projecthope.csod.com.