Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.Banyan Global is recruiting a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Manager for one component of the Learn to Perform (L2P) Activity for the USAID Mission in Malawi. The MEL Manager will provide management support to activities falling under L2P’s Component 2 related to performance monitoring, evaluations, assessments, learning, capacity building, and knowledge management. The position is full-time and based in Lilongwe.
- Defining scopes of work for Component 2 activities with USAID, including deliverables, geographic scope, and timelines;
- Identify and help secure resources required for Component 2 activities, including consultants, procurements, and subcontractors;
- Review deliverables and work products developed by consultants and vendors and oversee their compliance with the terms of their agreements;
- Support technical activities as needed, including participating on evaluation or assessment teams, organizing or facilitating learning events, and producing reports and communications products;
- Supervise the CLA and Capacity Building Specialist and Knowledge Management Specialist, as well as consultants; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
- At least 10 years of experience managing projects in the international development sphere, preferably for USAID;
- At least five years of experience working in M&E, preferably on USAID or other donor-funded awards in Malawi; and
- University degree in a related field.
- Experience working for USAID or on a USAID-funded award; and
- Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative analytical software packages.