M&E OFFICER FOR AGRO-FORESTRY PROGRAM (AFP)– based in Mitundu, Lilongwe
The Agroforestry program started in 2020 to enhance the afforestation activities in the
selected rural areas. The program supports smallholder farmers with village nurseries and
supervises the tree planting activities in their fields (hedge planting). The benefits are both
economical – through wood production – and environmental.
The main mission of the M&E officer is to develop and implement the monitoring and
evaluation component of the program. As part of his/her duties, the M&E officer will be
required to make frequent visits to the villages of the intervention areas.
He/she will be responsible to:
- Prepare, collect and analyse data related to the tree planting activities in the project area
- Coordinate and supervise enumerators during the tree counting periods
- Propose and conduct some ad-hoc surveys to improve the efficiency of the program
- Monitor and evaluate field activities with the collaboration of the agroforestry officers
- Contribute to program’s reports, annual reports and stakeholders’ presentation
- Contribute to the definition of the program’s strategy and its constant improvement
Profile of the Candidate
- Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Forestry, Agriculture or related fields, with a specialisation or strong confirmed experience in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Interest in the development of rural areas, aptitude for field work, flexibility and dynamism
- Experience with Open Data Kit (ODK) programing is of advantage
- Able to work within a rigorous policy framework for employees, partners and beneficiaries
- Driving license Category A or A1 (motorbike) is required; candidates in possession of
a learner’s license prior to employment can also be considered (please precise)
APPLICATIONThe positions have to be filled as soon as possible for a 1-year period with possibility of
extension upon satisfactory performance.
Please send your CV and cover letter together with a scanned copy of your valid motorcycle
driving license by email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject
line the Position and the program name (NDCP or AFP) as a reference. Candidates who are
not able to submit proof of their valid driving license will not be contacted.
Applications that do not have the Position and the program name in the subject line will
not be considered.
The due date for application is 30th November, 2022 for both posts.
To apply for this job please visit gmail.com .