Smallholder Farmers Fertilizer Revolving Fund of Malawi
Smallholder Farmers Fertilizer Revolving Fund of Malawi (SFFRFM) was incorporated
in 1988 as a Trust Fund under the Trust Incorporation Act of 1992 to procure, store, distribute, and sell fertilizers to smallholder farmers. Its primary role was to ensure that smallholder farmers, defined as farmers who grow their crops on customary land have an opportunity to access and buy affordable fertilizer at all times.
The Fund is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates of Malawi origin
to fill the position of:
JOB TITLE: MARKETING AND SALES OFFICER
Department: Commercial Services
Reporting to: Marketing and Sales Manager
Purpose of the Job
To facilitate the sales and marketing of the Fund merchandise
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiating the development and coordination of promotional and sales strategies and programs for fertilizer and non- fertilizer products.
- Conduction market research and surveys.
- Liaising and networking with key fund business customers to ensure the existence of good business relationships.
- Consolidating fertilizer and other products sales budgets and sales reports.
- Coordinating showcasing of the Fund merchandise during agricultural programs, shows and trade fairs.
- Creating and maintaining customer database
- Attending to customer queries, complaints and requests and after sales service.
- Facilitating ordering, pricing and distribution of non -fertilizer stocks.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Agribusiness or Marketing from a reputable and a NCHE accredited university.
- Possession of professional qualification in marketing i.e. Chartered Institute of
- At least 5 years of work experience in sales and agricultural marketing.
Additional Skills and Abilities
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of agricultural input and output marketing.
- Must have knowledge of the Malawi Government’s agricultural marketing policies and strategies.
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Must have experience in complex negotiations in international trade deals and contracts.
- Leadership, planning, coordination and negotiation skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Self-confident and strong networking skills
- Flexible, result oriented and innovative thinking
- Self-starter, team player
- Resilient and ability to work long hours
- Ability to communicate effectively and deliver presentations
- Knowledge of ICT
Method Of Application
Qualified and interested individuals should submit applications and detailed curriculum
vitae with copies of certificates indicating their current postal and email addresses,
telephone numbers and names of three (3) traceable referees in sealed envelopes
clearly marked “Vacancy: Marketing and Sales Officer” or email: email@example.com not later than 16:00 hours on Friday, 27th October, 2023 to:
The Human Resource and Administration Manager
Smallholder Farmers Fertilizer Revolving Fund of Malawi SFFRFM
P.O. Box 2505
Please note that applications without copies of certificates will not be considered and that only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.