One Acre Fund
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
We are seeking an analytical research and evaluation professional to lead our Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning team in Malawi. You will report to the Malawi country director with a dotted line to the global MEL regional lead. You will be responsible for program study designs, using data analysis and results to make recommendations that steer our short- and long-term impact strategy, understand and increase farmer impact, and improve our operations. The M&E department at one Acre Fund operates like an in-house research department and the results are used first and foremost to inform program decision-making and to rigorously understand impact.
- Study design- You will collaborate with different teams to identify research objectives and draft survey tools to collect information for our impact analyses and other strategic queries.
- Data Collection- You will oversee data collection using quantitative and qualitative methods from 50+ field agents.
- Data quality control- You will uphold and improve data quality standards to ensure our impact evaluation and strategic decisions to improve our program are based on accurate and up-to-date information.
- Data analysis- You will contribute to the analysis and triangulation of monitoring data and share findings with the country and global teams for learning and accountability purposes.
- Reporting and Recommendations- You will compile M&E results to draw early and final conclusions and write reports on progress of project implementation, and recommend corrective actions for. Work with the field teams to ensure MEL results and recommendations are understood and acted upon. You will support in developing the annual country work plans, the Goals, and a monitoring evaluation and learning strategy for the strategic plans developed.
- Team management- You will directly manage 2-3 team members. Your direct reports manage a team of 60+ staff and you will mentor your team through weekly check-ins, field visits, training, and career reviews. You will also be responsible for the MEL department budget and human resources related aspects.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 2+ years experience designing quantitative and qualitative research tools, implementing evaluations, designing data collection tools, statistical data analysis, reporting and team management at a high level.
- Knowledge of evaluation concepts and mastery of experimental and quasi-experimental evaluation designs.
- Quantitative data skills and conduct analysis such as regressions, propensity score matching, difference in difference design
- Knowledge of statistical software (e.g. Stata, R, Advanced excel) and ability to maintain complex spreadsheets.
- A Bachelors degree in Research methods, Statistics, Economics, Agronomy, or related field
- A willingness to commit to living in Zomba, Malawi for at least two years – this is a long–term, career–track role.
- Language – English required, ability to speak Chichewa will be an added advantage.
Zomba, Malawi -Onsite
Housing allowance, Retirement benefit, Comprehensive Health cover and Child Benefit
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
01 August 2023.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
To apply for this job please visit oneacrefund.org.