Inter Aide has been working in Malawi since 1992 with interventions around maintenance
of water points, agricultural development and community health in the Central and Southern
regions of Malawi. Inter Aide began its maintenance projects in 1991 as part of WASH
In 2008 the Maintenance Projects became independent and targeted to set up AFRIDEV pump maintenance services in the rural areas.
The project is implemented in 17 districts in central southern regions of Malawi.
Inter Aide is looking to hire a Program Manager and two District Program Officers for one-year with possibility of extension, according to the project salary grid, starting from February 2023.
MAINTENANCE PROGRAM MANAGER
Duty station: Balaka, with regular trips to intervention districts (Balaka, Machinga, Thyolo
Purpose of the position:
Under the direct supervision of the Program Director, She/ He will manage, monitor and
support the team of the Maintenance Project in the southern region. The Program Manager is in charge to manage the project’s resources in an efficient way with the aim to achieve the defined goals. He is responsible to allow staff members to work in appropriate conditions to fulfil their duties.
- Identify the needs of the project and translate them into the necessary resources for implementation,
- Assist the Program Director in establishing the annual work plan,
- Be responsible for the implementation of the project and assessing the right resources
(expertise, human, financial, logistics) needed for the activities,
- Establish the monthly planning for the team according to the annual work plan,
- Lead and support the team staff in their tasks,
- Monitor the activities and ensure of their quality,
- Be involved in the M&E system,
- Provide bi-annual and annual activity reports,
- Be in charge of HR management, guarantying the application of the conditions of service of Inter Aide,
- Manage the project’s financial resources, including activity budgeting, monthly fund
request, accounting and cash management,
- Be responsible of the administrative tasks, the office management and the respect of
- Represent the organization to the various district stakeholders (District authorities,
Water Departments, TAs, WASH Implementing partners, Area Mechanics, Spare part supply chain…),
- Be in charge of the logistics of the project, including vehicles management, procurement procedures, storage control.
Qualifications, skills and experiences
- Bachelor Degree in Project Management, Community Development, or Water Resources Management, or any related field.
- 2 years’ relevant experience with development programs or organizational management.
- Ability to lead and manage a team.
- Ability to manage budgets and ensure clear accounting.
- Ability to be a force of proposition
- Leadership skills, good external relations and communications skills.
- Ability to work and to maintain compatibility among staff and partners.
- Good writing and presentation skills for reporting purposes.
- Computer skills in general but specifically good in Word and Excel is required.
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Motivation to move very often to the field in various districts.
Method Of Application
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualification and experience should send
applications with detailed CV (3 pages maximum), cover letter and names of 3 traceable referees in one PDF file by 12:00 noon on Monday 19th December 2023, with position title Maintenance PM in subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org